Is it possible for a user of Apple to recover deleted call log iPhone? Or can you suggest how to recover deleted call history on iPhone? in today’s times on your iOS devices. It’s a big pity if you lose all of your call histories or call logs by accident.
Sometimes, it usually happens that a specific number is difficult to remember and as a result, you forget to save the number times. Gradually, because of this, you will find it difficult to trace it back on your device.
So, somewhat going back to the earlier question of today’s topic is whether it is possible to recover call history iPhone? The honest answer is yes. So, let’s look at how to quickly retrieve deleted iPhone call history. Here is the most straightforward path in 2022.
These options worked for me in the past, and I’m confident you’ll find one that does as well. So read to the end to discover easy fixes for how to see deleted calls on iPhone.
Why Might Your iPhone Call History Be Lost?
Table of Contents
Before we start recovering your call history from your iOS device, it’s important to understand why you might have lost your call history, since this will help us avoid worrying about it again.
There are numerous unpleasant scenarios in which you may lose your iPhone’s call logs.
- Your iPhone may be broken.
- It was accidentally removed by you.
- Alternatively, you may not save mobile phone numbers in your contact list.
- Alternatively, you may be unable to save the digits before they are erased.
That is an unusual circumstance. As and when you sometimes accidentally lose either the call logs or the call history on your device.
And, sometimes, it is more annoying when you land up in a most troubling problem is when you lose a call log that was extremely significant to you may be it was the contact of your recruiter or the bank or anything like that.
How to Recover Deleted Call History on iPhone? Here are 4 Methods
The following ways can help you retrieve your iPhone’s erased call history.
Way 1: Using iCloud for Backup
You’ll have an iCloud account linked to your Apple ID that you may use to backup crucial data while you use your iPhone. Your full call log can be periodically stored up on your iCloud account for later access.
So, that is to say, every interaction you do with the device will get recorded ad saved on the iCloud app once you sync it into the call history of your iCloud account on the page.
Using iCloud backup to restore deleted call records has the extra benefit of allowing you to execute a selective restoration rather than a full restoration of your device. For this, you won’t be losing any data on your network plan.
Here, there are two ways under it. One is to use your iPhone and the other is to use your computer, to quickly recover the call log history on your iOS devices.
Using the Computer for recovering the Call History.
- To view, all of your synced data, log into your iCloud backup account. You can accomplish this on your gadget, but a computer is preferable because of the large screen and ease of access.
- In the next step, you need to click on the iCloud backup option for downloading the call log history. Here, you will see a list of every backup you’ve made till now chronologically organise in a serial and date wise.
- After that, click on the backup file that contains the phone number or the call log that you are looking for. It will open a new dialogue box that contains all of the files, as well as a section for “Call History.”
- Now, to get access to the information including your details like phone number, the name of the person, date of the call, location, type of call, and the time or the duration of the call, press the call history folder containing the particular number to review all the information relevant to it.
- Then, mark and give a tick mark on the call history that you desire to retrieve and bring from the recycle bin of your device. A “Recover” button can be found towards the bottom right corner. Once you’ve made your choices, click that.
- Here, you’ll see a pop-up asking you to choose the backup file’s destination folder for the call log backup. Now, select the Recover button on your iOS page and wait for some time until the process gets completed.
- At last, you should now be able to examine all of the necessary call history files, with all of the information from the HTML file still intact.
Using your iPhone to Recover Call History
- In the first step, ascertain that your device is linked to a reliable internet network, WiFi, or cellular service.
- In the next step, change the settings.
- After that, select General.
- Then, you will need to click on the Erase All Content Settings once you are done with the reset process.
- Now, to confirm your division regarding swiping up the information, you need to type the Apple ID and the password credentials.
- Then, click on the Restore from iCloud Backup option to log into the iCloud account. On the App & Data page, you’ll find this option.
- Here, the time it takes to restore the call log is determined by the size of the backup.
- Finally, set up your device once the process is finished. Doing this step will allow you to view all the call logs or the call history that have been misplaced by you. Everything will be saved to your mailbox by iCloud.
Way 2: Making Use Of An iTunes Backup
Deleted call records can also be recovered by restoring them from iTunes backup files. However, it is suggested to carefully implement the method, as using the method might make lead you to lose some confidential data.
The contacts, newly installed programs, and anything else not saved up are all included in the iTunes backup. So, it is recommended to make a complete backup of your confidential and valuable data before implementing or executing the procedure.
The following methods can be used to recover deleted phone calls from an iTunes backup:
- In the first step, on your PC, open the most recent version of iTunes.
- In the next step, you need to use an original USB or the connector cable of an Apple device to connect your iPhone to your desktop.
- In the third step, allow the computer some time to recognize your device. Once it appears on the iTunes screen, select it.
- In this step, a summary screen will be visible on the page, where you will find an option to Restore your specific iTunes backup folder.
- In the fifth step, you need to press the “Restore Backup” as you select the iTunes backup folder that contains the call list that you need. Here, the time required for backing up the call log will depend on the number of call logs or the contact number.
- Throughout the procedure, keep the iOS device linked to the computer to avoid any disruptions that could result in data loss or, worse, file damage.
- Once you’ve restored the iTunes backup data, you should be able to access your erased call history on your iPhone.
Way 3: Third-Party Software
There are numerous third-party tools for recovering iPhone call history that is completely safe to use. I went with Tenorshare iCareFone to illustrate how this works.
This tool is most appropriate for every user of iOS devices who is continuously seeking a backup tool by which they can recover any lost record in bulk quantity including all your call log history at times, without much trouble.
So, eventually, to restore your deleted iPhone call history, you simply need to connect to your computer and follow the given instructions.
- In the first step, you will require to download and install the application called Tenorshare iCareFone from the web browser on your desktop at first. This application is compatible and works well with both the Window operating and Mac iOS.
- In the next step, connect your iOS device to your computer via USB cable and wait for the computer to recognize it.
- Now, in this step, you can see a pop-up window coming on the screen displaying all the relevant information about the device called log history.
- After that, at the very top of the navigation bar, select the “Backup & Restore” tab.
- Then, towards the right-side at the end of the page, you can see a menu list like “To view or restore previous backup files” on the bar of the screen. When you click that, all of your backed-up files will be organized by the date they were produced.
- In this step, select “Call History” to begin the process. If you’ve encrypted your data, you’ll be asked for your passcode.
- Here, you can now save all the iPhone call log history to a separate folder on your desktop or can even choose to restore the call logs directly to the plugged or connected iPhone.
- Now, allow a few moments for the procedure to finish before restarting the phone. In this respect, it is to be understood that once you choose to restore directly on your iPhone, you can see the iPhone cal logs start restoring.
- At last, if you save the data to your computer, an HTML or CSV file containing all erased calls will appear. Because of this all the contacts and the call log you desired will be restored.
Way 4: Make Contact with your Carrier
If none of the previous methods work, your phone provider may be able to assist you in recovering your erased call history. However, you must establish that the call logs in question are vital since you must meet several standards. This may take some time.
You will be required to prove your identity, and you may be required to obtain authorization from all parties engaged in the calls you are attempting to retrieve. The privacy of those concerned is protected by these hoops and security measures.
Another major factor is that carriers do not keep all of their customer call logs indefinitely, which may consume a lot of space. Here, all your call logs will be stored for a short time. As a result, retrieving your iPhone call history will be a race against time.
Perhaps, sometimes, you might receive a soft copy of all your call log history, and thereby, you can easily get in touch with the customer service of the network provider for seeking any assistance.
1. How long do iPhone call logs last?
Ans. There are no options available. The last 100 calls are saved in the call log. For this, you need to check your cellular network carrier listing whether it be the call log or the bill statements as of and when you require.
2. Is your iPhone’s call history saved?
Ans. Once you try to connect your iOS device to your iCloud over the Wi-Fi network including creating an iTunes backup folder, it will enable all your call history to be backed up as and when possible.
3. What is causing my iPhone to delete my call history?
Ans. Perhaps you won’t be able to find a way out that an enable you to remove all the call logs automatically. It’s possible, however, that they’ll be deleted if you remove them from a different device.
However, it could be due to your iCloud being enabled on the device. With this enabled, call history is synced across all devices.
- Recover Deleted Contacts on iPhone
- Recover Deleted Text Messages on iPhone
- Retrieve Deleted Voicemail on iPhone
It’s true, but also at the same time quite upsetting to know how it feels to lose an essential or significant record on your iPhone.
Whatever the reason for losing your call logs, don’t panic; using iPhone backup, you can simply learn how to recover call history iPhone or know how to find deleted calls on iPhone, and all of your iPhone’s deleted call records.