Are you also among them who keep continuously searching on how to unpin a text message on iPhone series? This blog is suitable for you to know how to unpin a text message on an iPhone✅.
If you look around, it appears like everyone receives a large number of text messages from various people. Or you may say that everyone has a few buddies around them with whom they keep routinely exchanging text messages for a stretch? Alright! If that’s the case, then you certainly need to know the pinning or unpinning function of the iPhone text messages.
The ability to pin or unpin a text message is one of the features that the iPhone tends to offer its users. As a result of this, you can pin or unpin a message thread or contact, you desire to the topmost of the text messages app on any iOS series easily and handily.
What do Pining or Unpinning Text Messages mean?
You will find that people around you do get a lot of iMessage which often keeps lurking on your smartphone. As a result, many users who receive a lot of text messages find it difficult to keep up with the conversations.
As and when new texts and messages start arriving from other individuals at a time, the message threads start to descend and finally, it gets swiped away from the screen. This causes the users of smartphones to frequently forget to respond to some of the text messages.
Thus, to address this issue which is visibly disturbing the users, Apple, one of the prominent brands of smartphones, has added the option to pin or unpin chats or text messages in the basic Messages app. With this feature on your handset, you can ensure that the discussions or the subject matters that are important to you are always visible at the top of your screen.
Thus, you can understand in simple terms that pining an iMessage means that the message notifications that are relevant to you will be shown at the top of the screen.
While unpinning a text message means that the messages or the subject matter which are irrelevant to you are brought down at the bottom or sometimes made invisible on the screen.
How to Pin Text Messages on iPhone
However, before heading forward you need to know firstly how to pin a text message visible on your screen. So, follow down these steps to pin or unpin text messages on your iPhone or iPad in an easy way:
- The first step is to go to the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad device and look for opening the Messages app.
- The second step is to select one of the conversations you’d like to pin to the top of your screen’s chat list.
- In the third step, you will see that a yellow pin icon is directly visible on the screen. However, to make it visible just swipe from left to right across that message and you will soon find that.
- In the fourth step, you need to tap the “Pin” icon appearing on your screen, and the entire conversation will now be pinned to the top of your list. In this way, you can add more messages to the pin and also simply tap to open it.
That’s all! You need to when it comes to pinning any of your text messages on your either iPhone or iPad.
How to Unpin Text Messages on iPhone
A chat thread can both be pinned and unpinned in iMessages on your iPhone device. In this short blog, we’ll go through and learn the simple steps you can follow on how to pin and unpin conversations in Messages on the iPhone and iPad devices.
Method 1: Unpin Text Messages Through Messages App
However, for unpinning text Messages on your iPhone or iPad, you need to follow the following instructions.
- Open messages app on your iPhone.
- You will see pinned messages at the top.
- To begin, simply long-press on any of your pinned chats to unpin them. This will as a result brings up a pop-up screen menu. On the pop-up screen menu, you then need to hit “Unpin” the menu.
- On hitting the unpin option appearing on the screen all the former conversations you selected that were pinned will now no longer be pinned or appear on top of your iMessage on your device.
This is all for how to unpin text messages on your iPhone.
Method 2: Unpin Text Messages Through Edit Menu in Messages App
The second method for unpinning text messages on an iPhone is through the Messages Edit Menu. Thus, why not? You know the how-to unpin text messages on your iPhone by following the steps as given under:
- Open messages app on your iPhone.
- To begin with, firstly you need to tap the Edit option. This option may be found in the Messages app’s upper-right corner.
- Then you need to Select Edit Pins from the menu options appearing on your screen.
- Finally, you need to tap the Gray Minus (-) icon. This icon is available in the top-left corner of the large icon of either the contact or the message conversation you want to unpin.
- You have successfully unpinned text messages on your iPhone.
Video Tutorial on How to UnPin a Text Message on iPhone:
What Happens to the Text Message When you Unpin it?
On unpinning a thread of messages returns it to the usual, in other words, it moves to a chronological list of message threads. And thereby it gets removed or erased from the topmost of the Messages app.
As a result of this, if no new messages have emerged in the thread till the time you unpinned it, it will automatically appear to vanish.
However, you don’t need to panic or be concerned about this. Because the thread is still active and also may be recovered just by scrolling down the page of your screen. You can also utilize the Messages app’s search feature, which is situated right at the top of the screen, to retrieve the messages that you’ve deleted recently.
1. What is the procedure for pinning and unpinning a message?
Ans. The procedure to be followed for pinning and unpinning a text message is simple. Kindly follow the steps mentioned below to pin or unpin a text message:
- The very first step is to locate the text message from the person or organization you’ve received earlier, that you want to pin it. On finding the text message, long tap on it.
- In the second step, in the pop-up menu appearing on the screen, select Pin. Now, as a result of this, your contact has been moved to the topmost of your Messages list.
However, to unpin a contact or text message received for an individual follow down these steps:
- Firstly, you need to hold down the long press button on the icon you wish to remove.
- Then in the final step, you need to click on Unpin option visible on the screen.
2. How can I find my iPhone’s pinned messages?
Ans. On an iPhone, open the messaging app and look for the bubble text discussion at the top, which indicates that the text message is pinned. In this way, you can surely find your iPhone’s pinned messages.
3. On the iPhone or iPad, how do you move a pinned text message or change the order of a pinned text conversation?
Ans. If you have 5 to 6 text message conversations pinned on your iPhone or iPad, you may need to rearrange the sender order. To do so, follow the steps below:
- In the first step, you need to go to your iPhone’s text messages.
- Secondly, you need to now press and hold the pinned text message.
- Finally, you must drag and drop the message into the desired order.
That’s all! You’ve finally changed the order of your iPhone or iPad’s pinned text message conversation.
- How to Schedule a Text Message on iPhone?
- Can you Unsend iMessage?
- How to Leave a Group Chat on iPhone?
- Will iMessage say delivered if blocked?
- How To Find Hidden Text Messages on iPhone?
To be precise, I’d like to say that unpinning text message on your iPhone is not that hard or tough. If you follow the instructions given above you can certainly unpin the text message or the conversations you so desire.
By unpinning the text messages you can hide irrelevant messages that keep lurking on your smartphones. As a consequence, you’ll be able to see the text messages that matter to you. In this way, you can revert to the messages you want within the specified time and thereby erase the unwanted notifications that keep continuously disturbing you and wasting your precious time.