In your Apple Watch, you might have seen a Control Center Panel which is a quite useful tool that gives you quick access to many settings for your wristwatch. As a result of this, swiping up on your watch’s display can quickly give you access to it.
But occasionally, the Apple Watch won’t swipe up, as technology does have issues, at times. Some Apple Watch users discovered this functionality wasn’t functioning and had some issues while attempting to use the swipe-up feature.
So, without any delay, get inside the blog and get into detail on why won’t my Apple watch swipe up and how to fix the problem of the Apple watch won’t swipe up error.
Why can’t I Swipe up the Screen on my Apple Watch?
Table of Contents
Your Apple Watch might not swipe up for a variety of reasons. Like sometimes, the users who have updated their watches to watchOS 8.5.1 are mostly affected by the issue.
Further, the problem may also be brought on by factors like a non-responsive application, an incompatible or improperly installed screen protector, or a buildup of dust or dirt. Fortunately, all of the aforementioned problems are simple to address.
So let’s examine the fixes and address the current issue that the Apple Watch won’t swipe up quickly with a single tap. However, do note that to restore your Apple Watch to working properly, you might need to try more than one way.
Apple Watch Won’t Swipe Up? Here are 6 Solutions
1. Force Your Apple Watch to Restart
It’s time to force reset your Apple Watch if you are still experiencing problems after doing so. By doing this, all background processes will be stopped, and any small software glitches will disappear from your watch. It applies when Apple Watch experiences a swipe issue, freezes, or stops responding.
For restarting the Apple Watch, follow the instructions given below:
- In the first step, you will be directed to slide over and hold the side button in your watchOS 9 for a few seconds to automatically click on the “Power” or “Power off” slider on your Apple Watch series.
- In the next step, in the screen’s upper right corner, select the “Power” button (only for watchOS 9).
- After that, to turn the watch off, move the slider to the right.
- Now, wait for a few seconds.
- In the final step, you will be required to press and hold the side button one more time until you can view the Apple logo symbol displayed on the screen.
Now, swipe the screen once you’re finished to check that your watch is functioning properly.
2. Wipe the Display of your Watch
Your finger touch might not be responding on a wet or filthy screen. So, in that case, please wipe it down gently with a soft cloth. Additionally, if your watch has a screen protector or protective case, that could be the issue.
In that case, test again after removing it. Swiping up should once again operate after removing the screen protector or case, so wipe the case or cover.
3. Reset Apple Watch firmly
If rebooting didn’t fix the problem of the Apple Watch won’t swipe up, try forcing an Apple Watch restart. However, if your Apple Watch is currently undergoing an OS update, do not force a restart.
For this, in the first step, you are required to slide over and hold the side button in addition to the Digital Crown button for 10 seconds. And, lastly, once the Apple logo appears on the screen of your Watch, automatically release both buttons.
4. Fix a Damaged Screen
Your Apple Watch’s touch screen may be broken if it is not responding to your touches. A cracked or damaged screen is not covered by the warranty because owner damage is involved.
Unless you have AppleCare, which may be less expensive, replacing the screen on your Apple Watch is typically an expensive repair.
5. Repair your iPhone and Apple Watch
Re-pairing your Apple Watch with your iPhone is your best choice if nothing else works. Unpairing and repairing your Apple Watch may take some time, but it’s worth a shot if it fixes the problem. Please be aware that you shouldn’t restore a backup while pairing.
Here’s how to pair and unpair your iPhone with your Apple Watch.
- In the first step, you are required to bring both devices, namely your iPhone and your Apple Watch, close to each other.
- In the next step, on your iPhone, launch the Watch app.
- After that, in the My Watch section, select All Watches.
- Now, tap the Apple Watch’s Info “I” button.
- Then, you are required to choose the “Apple Watch Unpair” option. If prompted, choose the “Keep your cellular plan” option if you have a cellular version.
- Further, if you are prompted again to turn off the activation lock, tap once more and enter your Apple ID password.
- In the next step, you are required to slide over and hold the side button of your Apple Watch till the Apple logo starts appearing on the screen.
- Now, as a result of this, the “Use your iPhone to set up this Apple Watch” dialog box appears on the screen of your device, and after that, gradually, you will be required to click on “Continue.”
- In the final step, you are required to open the Watch app on your iPhone, choose All Watches, and press the Pair a New Watch option if you can’t see it.
So, to pair your Apple Watch, adhere to the directions displayed on the screen, and after that check, go to the watch’s home screen to determine if the Apple Watch can’t swipe up or down and if an issue has been fixed at this point.
6. Change the Watch Faces, if you can
This might sound insignificant, but some users say that they were able to fix the problem of the Apple Watch won’t swipe up by making some adjustments to the watch faces. You could also try it. So let’s try it out.
- In the first step, you are required to open your iPhone’s Watch application on your phone.
- In the next step, decide on Face Gallery (the tab in the bottom middle).
- After that, to change your watch face, select a face from the gallery and tap Add.
- Now swipe left or right to alter the watch face on your Apple Watch.
Now, verify the solution to the issue of why the Apple Watch won t swipe up the problem.
7. Speak with Apple Support
The only other course of action is to get in touch with Apple support if none of the troubleshooting techniques this article provides work for you.
You can discover their in-depth user manuals, online groups, and official support numbers here to assist you in resolving your issue. Take your Apple Watch to the closest store if it is experiencing hardware problems.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which Apple Watch update is the most recent?
Ans. The most recent Watch OS 9 update for the Apple Smartwatch is now jam-packed with new features and improved insights.
2. Why am I no longer able to swipe up on my Apple Watch?
Ans. The swipe-up functionality on the Apple Watch might not operate as intended due to an update error or a hardware problem. For further information, update the program or go to an Apple Store.
3. How can I restart my non-working Apple Watch?
Ans. Perhaps, you will further get an option by clicking on the unresponsive Apple Watch by simultaneously holding down the side and other digital crown buttons, and finally releasing the buttons from pressing down once the Apple logo gets appeared on the screen.
Since using the swipe feature to control your Apple Watch is crucial, its productivity suffers dramatically if it breaks. I made an effort to bring you tried-and-true solutions for fixing the error of why my apple watch won’t swipe up.
Were the problems resolved? Tell me in the comments section below.