People frequently forget everyday details, particularly where they keep their personal devices. By pinging your mobile device from another, you can locate it. Similar to finding an iPhone or iPad, your Apple Watch may be located by pinging it.
You can locate the device with the aid of this useful feature. You must pair the Apple Watch with an iPhone in order to ping the device. The sound you select on the Watch app of the associated iPhone will be played by Apple Watch.
So, why not get into the details of using this feature and know how to ping Apple Watch or how to ping iPhone from Apple Watch in the best and most effective way!
Ping Apple Watch: What is it?
Table of Contents
Before you move into the best guide for knowing how to ping phone from Apple Watch, let us know the easy meaning of pinging an Apple Watch and pinging the iPhone.
In simple words, for understanding ping on the Apple Watch, you can assume that when you choose Sound from the Watch app, the Apple Watch will ping to let you know where it is in case you’ve lost or forgotten where you put it.
Ping is an abbreviation for “Sound Alert.” For instance: you can use pinging the Apple watch if you forget the Apple Watch after hiding it in a cabinet or behind a pillow, etc.
Pinging an iPhone: What is it?
Pinging an iPhone means playing the alert tone from your paired Apple Watch on your iPhone. As a result of this, the alert sound will be played on your iPhone. However, repeat your attempts until you succeed in this scenario.
Why is Pinging the Apple Watch necessary?
People frequently lose their Apple Watches and then hunt everywhere for them. However, finding a lost or stolen Apple Watch has been made quite simple thanks to Apple’s excellent iPhone location feature.
Perhaps you will find that only some people are aware of how to ping Apple Watch from an iPhone using the methods discussed below. So, I am here to demonstrate the ideal method for pinging an Apple Watch from an iPhone for every user.
In addition, be sure to meet all the conditions given below in order to use the ping capability on the Apple Watch if you are unable to ping it using your iPhone.
How to Ping Apple Watch using iPhone? 2 Methods
Here, I have discussed the top two methods for quickly and easily pinging your Apple Watch with an iPhone. Both the Find My app and the Watch app are available.
Method 1: Using Find My App
Using the Find My app, follow these steps to ping your Apple Watch:
- In the first step, you need to open Settings.
- Go to your apple ID at the top.
- In the next step, you are required to click on the “Devices” tab at the bottom.
- Here, a list of your Apple devices will be shown to you. Tap your Apple Watch after finding it.
- Now, tap on your “Show in Find My“.
- Now, as a result of this, the position of your watch and other Apple devices will be displayed on a map. After that, toggle the watch on.
- Finally, choose “Play Sound” from the pop-up menu.
Method 2: Using the Watch App
If you choose to make use of the Watch app, follow the given instructions:
- In the first step, you are required to open the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Go to All Watches from the top left corner.
- After that, you need to tap the “I” icon next to your Apple Watch after choosing it.
- Then, select “Find My Apple Watch”.
- In the next step, go to the pop-up menu and choose “Play Sound”.
- Finally, as a result of this, your Apple Watch will begin making a pinging noise. It should be easier to find now.
- To stop the pinging sound, tap “Dismiss” once you’ve located your watch. It’s that simple!
Alternatively, how do I use my Apple Watch to ping my iPhone?
The procedures are easy: There is no need for an app or locate my location services to ping the iPhone from the Apple Watch. Your iPhone and Apple Watch must be connected and within a Bluetooth range of 40 to 50 metres in order for Apple Watch to ping your iPhone.
The iPhone screen can be unlocked if you choose. without requiring WiFi, mobile data, an iPhone, or an Apple Watch. So, quickly follow the given instructions for using your Apple Watch to ping your iPhone:
- In the first step, you need to visit the Apple Watch Face.
- Now, from the Apple Watch screen’s bottom border, swipe up with the finger.
- After that, the Apple Watch’s Control Center will be displayed.
- Now, tap the Phone icon after that.
- Finally, to play sound on a paired iPhone, tap on it.
- And, press the direction of your iPhone or press repeatedly until you find it.
Bonus Advice: The Top 3 Troubleshooting Methods Why won’t my iPhone or Apple Watch ping each other?
Now, I hope you’ve learned how to ping my Apple Watch. However, what should we do to resolve the issue that some users have lately noticed with the Apple Watch not responding to pings?
However, I want to point out that there were several mistakes you made when configuring Find My Apple Watch. The Apple Watch won’t ping if you don’t meet the prerequisites for this function.
Look ahead and know the top three troubleshooting methods to make sure all of the conditions listed below are met. And you can easily fix the problem of pinging the Apple Watch and iPhone.
1. Check the Wi-Fi Connectivity both of the Devices
The very first method you can adopt for fixing the problem of your Apple Watch and iPhone not pinging each other is to initially check the internet or the WiFi connectivity on both of your Apple Watch and iPhone devices.
2. iCloud Accounts on both Devices must Match
The second trick for fixing the problem of your iPhone and Apple Watch not pinging each other is to check whether the same iCloud account is on both your iPhone and Apple Watch.
3. Turn on the enabled mode for both of the Devices
This is the final yet most effective trick for using the Apple Watch to find your iPhone device. Therefore, for the ping sound to be heard on your Apple Watch and iPhone, Find My iPhone must be enabled.
That’s it! And, you’ve additionally come to know how to ping Apple watch with the troubleshooting tips on fixing the problem of Apple watch and iPhone not pinging each other.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How Can I Disable Ping on My Apple Watch?
Ans. To learn how to disable ping on your Apple Watch you are required to select Sound and Haptics in the Settings app on your Apple Watch. Finally, you need to turn off the Haptic Alert now.
2. If my misplaced Apple Watch is dead, can I still pin it?
Ans. You cannot ping an Apple Watch that is not functioning. Instead, you must physically search for it.
3. Can Find My Apple Watch be trusted?
Ans. Firstly, it is advised that you are required to identify My App if your Apple Watch is perhaps not dead or some internet connectivity issues. However, GPS on the apple watch is usually always accurate. GPS can occasionally be off by many miles, however, this is rare unless you have recently visited the area.
All done! I hope the above instructions helped you learn how to ping your Apple Watch. It’s important to remember that the Apple Watch has tiny speakers, so hearing the sound from a distance might not be as simple.
However, if you don’t have access to your iPhone, you can use Find My on the iCloud website to find your Apple Watch using the same procedure.