If you’ve sold your iPhone and want to disconnect it from the network, here’s a step-by-step method. Let me tell you that by this blog you can certainly know how to disconnect iPhone from Mac?
If you use a Mac and an iPhone at the same time, they will communicate with one another. As a result, disconnecting your iPhone from your Mac can be done in a variety of ways. We’ve gone over a few of them below.
Here’s how to unplug your iPhone from your Mac. To be precise, for this you need to select Apple ID from the System Preferences menu. And, then, select the iPhone you want to disconnect from the account and select Remove from Account.
Finally, the connection between your iPhone and your Mac will be broken. Still, I have mentioned some ways for your easy understanding of the topic. So, come dive down the blog and know in detail.
How to Disconnect iPhone from Mac? (10 Easy Methods)
You will find numerous ways to disconnect your iPhone from the Mac. But, I have highlighted some notable working ways which work well with every iOS version whether it be iPhone 11/12/13.
So, come scroll down to look at each of them in detail.
Disconnect iPhone from Mac using Finder.
Using Finder is the first way to disconnect the iPhone from the Mac. This is the most straightforward method for disconnecting your devices, and it only requires a few simple steps:
- To begin, open Finder on your Mac and look for the device you wish to unplug.
- Then, next to the device, click the “Eject” button.
- Finally, click the “Eject” option to indicate that you want to disconnect the device.
You should now see the message “MyPhone was successfully removed.” The connection between your iPhone and your Mac has been broken!
Don’t panic if you don’t see the “Eject” button next to your gadget. You can still unplug your iPhone by right-clicking (or control-clicking) it and choosing “Eject” from the menu.
Disconnect iPhone from Mac using Hotspot.
If you’re wondering how to disconnect the iPhone from your Mac while using a cellular data connection, you can do it by turning off the Hotspot. Follow these basic steps to do so:
- To begin, open the “Settings” app on your iPhone and go to “Cellular.”
- Finally, scroll down to “Hotspot & Tethering” and turn off the “Hotspot” setting.
Your iPhone is no longer connected to your Mac! So, with this, you can now know how to disconnect phone from Mac.
Automatic Disconnection of iPhone from Mac.
Similarly, if you’re still wondering “how to disconnect an iPhone from Mac,” you’ve come to the right place. You can build up a system that will do it automatically if you are wary of doing it manually every time you want to use it! You’ll need to use a third-party app for this.
- To begin, download and install the program on your Mac.
- After that, open the app and select “Preferences” from the menu.
- Now go to the “Devices” tab and press the “+” button.
- Finally, add your iPhone to the list of devices and select “Device is locked” for the “Disconnect when…” option.
When you lock your iPhone, it will now instantly disconnect from your Mac! As a result, you complete the third method in knowing how to disconnect iPhone from Mac.
Disconnect iPhone from Mac using iCloud.
Similarly, using the iCloud menu to disconnect the iPhone from Mac is another option. This method is a little more difficult to follow than using Finder, but it’s still doable:
- To begin, go to the iCloud menu on your Mac and select “Disconnect.”
- After that, enter your password and click the link that says “If you’re using iCloud Drive, go here.”
- Now, select “Stop Using iCloud Drive” from the drop-down menu.
- Finally, click the “Stop Using iCloud Drive” option to indicate that you wish to stop using iCloud Drive.
As a result, the iPhone and Mac are no longer connected!
Disconnect Bluetooth pairing with Mac.
Unpairing the Bluetooth connection is another way to detach your iPhone from your Mac. Follow these basic steps to do so:
- To begin, go to your iPhone’s “Settings” app and tap the “Bluetooth” option.
- Then, find the device you wish to unpair and press the I button.
- In the last step, scroll down and select “Unpair” from the drop-down menu.
At long last, your iPhone is no longer connected to your Mac! Now, you can easily know how do I disconnect my iPhone from my Mac with Bluetooth pairing.
Disconnect iPhone Text Messages from Mac.
Similarly, if you’re sending and receiving text messages on your Mac using your iPhone, you can disconnect them by turning off iMessage. Follow these basic steps to do so:
- To begin, open the “Settings” app on your iPhone and go to “Messages.”
- Finally, go to the “iMessage” option and turn off the “iMessage” setting.
Your iPhone’s messages are no longer synchronized with your Mac.
Disconnect Incoming iPhone calls from Mac.
You can also prevent your iPhone from receiving phone calls on your Mac by turning off the “Phone Calls” option. Simply follow these simple instructions:
- To begin, open the “Settings” app on your iPhone and go to “Phone.”
- Second, go to “Calls on Other Devices” and scroll down.
- Finally, turn off the “Calls on Other Devices” setting.
That’s how you may detach your iPhone from the syncing of your Mac phone calls.
Disconnect iPhone from Mac completely.
If you need to disconnect your iPhone from your Mac completely, you can do so by deleting the device from your Apple ID. Follow these basic steps to do so:
- To begin, go to your iPhone’s “Settings” app and tap the “iCloud” option.
- Next, go to the “Devices” section and click the “x” button next to the device you wish to get rid of.
- Finally, your device is separated from your Macbook.
Disconnect iPhone from Mac using Airdrop.
Checking your Airdrop connection and turning it off if it’s working is another way to detach the iPhone from your Mac. Please follow these simple instructions:
- To begin, open the “Settings” app on your iPhone and go to “General.”
- In the last step, toggle the “Airdrop” switch off by scrolling down to the “Airdrop” option.
Your device has now been disconnected from your Macbook.
Disconnect iPhone from Mac Manually.
You can manually disconnect your iPhone from your Mac if you don’t want to use any of the ways we’ve outlined. Simply follow the steps below:
- To begin, go to your iPhone’s “Settings” app and tap the “Wi-Fi” option.
- Then, find the network you’re linked to and press the I button.
- Finally, scroll down to the “Disconnect from this network” switch and turn it off.
Take pleasure in the end outcome! At last, you complete all the ten pro methods for easily disconnecting your iPhone from your Mac.
1. What is the best way to unplug my iPhone from my Mac computer?
Ans. You may, however, unpair an iOS device from the device you’d like to unpair.
- In the first step, select Settings> [your name]> iTunes & App Store from the drop-down menu.
- Now, in the second step, click on the Apple ID.
- In the third step, click on the view button to see your Apple ID. As you click on the view button, you will to directed to type your password credentials.
- Finally, scroll down to iTunes in the cloud area, then press Remove this device.
2. How can I delete images from my iPhone my Mac?
Ans. For viewing the deleted images you need to right to the Settings menu. Now, you need to type your name in the empty box given. Then, click on the iCloud option and select the Manage Storage tab. Finally, click on the Photos option to Deactivate the photos options.
And, thereby, press the delete option of your device. To check whether the method worked go to the Apple page of the phone. And, select System Preferences, and thereby click on the iCloud on your Mac device. Choose iCloud Photos from the Manage menu in the lower right corner, then disable and remove.
3. What is the best way to uninstall a gadget from my Mac?
Ans. You need to tab on the Finder option appearing at the end of the page on your phone. In the second step, you need to click the Eject icon next to the device name in the Finder window to unplug external hard drives, memory cards, and other devices. In this way, you can uninstall a gadget from Mac.
4. On a Mac, how can you disable iMessage from syncing?
Ans. On your Mac and iPad, turn off iMessage. For this, you need to visit the Messages app on the Mac. When Messages is open, go to the menu bar and select Messages, then Preferences.
Select the Accounts tab, then your iMessage account from the drop-down menu. Then, to delete your phone number from the gadget, check the box next to it.
5. What’s the best way to un-sync my iPhone and Mac messages?
Ans. In the first step, open the Messages app. By heading to the menubar and clicking, you may access your preferences. Now, as you click on the tab all your information that you’ve set in the Messages app, whether it be iCloud will get under the Accounts section of the device.
As a result of this, all your Messages will be disabled if these are unchecked.
That’s all there is to it; you now know how to disconnect an iPhone from a Mac using all of the available options.
I hope you found this post useful in resolving your issues. So, I would like to suggest please try any approach; you’ll be able to effortlessly stop any information from being shared between the iPhone and the Mac.