Knowing how to turn on screen mirroring on iPhone or how to turn on screen share on iPhone can be tedious if you don’t find any suitable blog that will teach you what you are looking for. However, it’s no more difficult.
Yes, you’re right. Today will be talking all about how you can easily start mirroring your iPhone screen.
What is iPhone Screen Mirroring?
Table of Contents
Screen mirroring can be defined as a simple technique of mirroring your iOS smartphones, Mac, and other Apple devices. Screen mirroring allows you to see what you’re playing or doing on your smartphone on your TV via a Wi-Fi connection.
There’s a distinction to be made between mirroring and AirPlay. Though mirroring is useful in duplicating what you work out on your iPhone, the protocol of AirPlay mode will allow the users to share any random image, audio, or video clip sharing between your iPhone to your TV or Mac without losing any quality.
What Are iPhone Screen Mirroring Features?
There are a few Apple-developed technologies that allow you to transfer data from your iPhone to your television. The first is called AirPlay, and it was first released in 2004 as AirTunes to allow you to broadcast audio from your Mac.
AirPlay 2 was released in 2018 and now supports video and stereo audio streaming to multiple speakers in several rooms, all of which can be controlled from your iPhone’s Control Center.
AirPlay Mirroring, which was first introduced in 2011, is another technique to link an iPhone to a television. AirPlay Mirroring, unlike ordinary AirPlay, allows you to show exactly what’s going on on your iPhone or iPad screen, rather than being limited to audio and video only.
How to Turn on Screen Mirroring on iPhone(2 Methods to Screen Share)
Here are simple and quick instructions on how to cast iPhone to TV and Mac.
Method 1: Mirroring to a TV
Follow the instructions below for quickly mirroring your iPhone to a TV:
- In the first step, join the same Wi-Fi network as the TV with your iPhone. You can mirror your iPhone’s screen wirelessly if your Smart TV supports AirPlay 2 (or is linked to an Apple TV).
- All you have to do now is make sure your iPhone is on the same Wi-Fi network as the TV.
- In the second step, to change your iPhone’s Wi-Fi network, go to the Settings app (the gear icon) on the home screen, touch Wi-Fi, and then choose a network. Conversely, all your official lists of new and modern smartphones support the protocol of AirPlay 2.
- In the third step, you need to directly view the Control Center Panel on your iOS models. Contradictory, if you have an iOS with earlier or newer versions, you need to scroll down the top-most part of the home page.
- Now, the Control Center is accessible to all other iPhone users by heading to Settings > General > Control Center.
- After that, select Screen Mirroring from the menu. It’s the large button on the Control Center’s right side. AirPlay devices on the network will now be detected by your iPhone.
- Now, choose a television. As a result of the default option, the current screen of your iPhone will be displayed automatically on the TV.
- After that, you may see a notice on the TV screen requesting you to enter a password, depending on your settings. Continue by entering the unlock passcode for your iPhone.
- Finally, open the Control Center, touch Screen Mirroring, and then select Stop Mirroring to stop mirroring.
Method 2: Mirroring to a Mac
Follow the instructions below for how to turn on screen share on iPhone to a Mac:
- In the first step, using a Lightning cable, connect your iPhone to your Mac. This is the common cable that the users would be using to sync directly your iPhone with iTunes and conversely charge the same.
- Now, when you connect your iPhone to your Mac, iTunes and/or the Photos app may open automatically. If these apps appear, you can close them.
- In the next step, on your Mac, launch QuickTime. It’s in the Applications folder and frequently on the Launchpad.
- After that, select File from the File menu. It’s situated on the top-most page of your MacBook.
- Then, you need to click on the New Movie Recording from the menu-down list. This brings up the camera window for “Movie Recording.”
- Next to the section of the record button, you need to press the arrow key. It’s the red circle at the bottom of the menu with the small arrow pointing down.
- By this, you will be viewing a menu that would be showing the list of all the cameras and the microphones that are virtually connected.
- Now, under “Camera,” choose your iPhone. This will show the screen of your iPhone in the window. Any action you do on your iPhone will be replicated in this app.
- In the next step, select your iPhone under “Microphone” as well if you want to hear the sounds from your iPhone through your speakers.
- After that, in the final step, to make the window full-screen, click the round green button at the top of the window.
However, to stop mirroring, click the arrow again to enter the menu, then pick “Camera” and “Microphone” from the “Camera” and “Microphone” sections, respectively.
1. Why can’t I mirror Netflix on my TV?
Ans. You may be watching Netflix on your phone with Google Home screen mirroring. By this, you will be required to ascertain that whether your phone or the tablet is connected to the same Wi-Fi network protocol.
For this, you need to go to the Google Home page of your iPhone and press the stop mirroring by clicking on the Chromecast device.
2. Without HDMI protocol, how I will be able to connect the iPhone to my TV?
Ans. You need to know that the Apple corporates sell the Lightning to a VGA Adapter using an old monitor with the HDMI port.
So, let’s know what you need to do once you get connected to your adapter, continue with the next steps: In the first step, you need to connect the HDMI (or VGA) cable to the adaptor. Finally, connect the wire to a television or monitor’s input.
3. Is there a free screen-mirroring app?
Ans. LetsView is one of the free screen mirroring software protocols that comes with an excellent mirroring capability. In other words, you can assume that this screen mirroring application works and is incompatible with all other devices including iOS, Mac, and other TV.
- How to Turn Off Airplay on iPhone?
- How to Turn Off RTT on iPhone?
- How to Turn Off Auto Caps on iPhone?
- How to Turn Off SafeSearch on iPhone?
- How to Get Rid of Hollow Arrow on iPhone?
- How to Add Words to iPhone Dictionary?
Finally, I am summing up the blog with a note that I have provided a detailed guideline on how to turn on Airplay on iPhone to a TV or a Mac easily and simply. I Hope, you keep scrolling to other relevant blogs for more how-to-use guides.