Last month, I struggled to find a way how to change alarm volume on iPhone? And, eventually settled on my favorite tone.
It’s been a month since I moved in with my cousin. My iPhone’s early-morning high-volume alarm wakes up my cousin, who sleeps next to me. As a result, setting the iPhone’s alarm volume to low is the best option. I don’t want to wake anyone up because of the alarm tone on my iPhone.
I checked the option to set low volume in the clock app under the alarm section while adjusting the alarm volume on my iPhone. However, there was no way to modify the level of the iPhone alarm in the Clock app.
After that, I went into the Settings app and double-checked a few things. After that, I looked through a few alternatives in the Settings app, but there were none.
To turn down the alarm volume on an iOS device, I had to conduct some online study, and now I’m happy to share the information!
How can you Set an Alarm on your iPhone?
Table of Contents
We’ll start with the basics, which is setting an alarm on your iPhone, before moving on to adjusting the alarm volume.
If you’re using an iPhone, here’s how to set a wake-up alarm:
- In the first step, on your iPhone, open the Clock app.
- In the second step, to access the Alarm tab, tap it.
- Now, to add an alarm, tap the plus sign.
- Then, set a time when you’d like to be awoken from your rest.
- In this box, you can also establish a repeated alarm, give it a name, choose an alarm ringtone, and activate or disable the snooze option.
- Finally, click on the Save option appearing on the uppermost page of the screen, if the alarm is as per your liking.
That concludes our discussion. And, you now know how to set alarm volume on iPhone.
2 Methods on How to Change Alarm Volume on iPhone
There are two ways to reduce the volume of the iPhone alarm. In this post, both tactics have been discussed.
Method 1: Change Alarm Volume using Settings Apps
This is the first method to know how to change alarm volume on iPhone. So, follow the steps given under:
- In the first step, on your iPhone, open the Settings app.
- In the second step, select Sound & Haptics from the drop-down menu.
- Now, to change the volume of the alarm, go to RINGER AND ALERTS and adjust the volume as per your requirements.
This will finally, modify the ringtone’s loudness.
Method 2: Make use of the Volume Button
This is the second method for knowing how to increase alarm volume on iPhone. Come look down the instructions given under:
- In the first step, open the Settings menu.
- Now, go to the section Sound & Haptic.
- Then, change the toggle next to the Change With Button option under RINGER AND ALERTS to green.
- In the next step, open the Clock App after closing the Settings app.
- Go to Alarms Tab.
- Finally, add a new alarm or go to Edit and select the alarm you wish to change the volume on.
In this way, you complete the second method also.
Video Tutorial on How to Adjust Alarm Volume on iPhone
Video Tutorial on How to Change Alarm Sound on iPhone
Tips for Setting iPhone Alarm
Here, I have mentioned some pro tips that you can use to ease the setting of an iPhone alarm.
Manually Adjusting the Date and Time Settings is not Recommended.
If you manually change the date and time settings in Settings > General > Date and time, your alarms may be affected. Rather, use the Set Automatically function to have iOS/iPadOS automatically set your clock and time zone.
Set all of your Alarms on your Apple Watch.
Many of our readers suggest setting alarms on the Apple Watch rather than the iPhone.
Apple Watch’s haptic engine, which taps you to wake you up or notify you of a set alarm even before it emits a sound, is a big hit with our readers. Perfect for those who don’t want to disturb others who are sleeping nearby!
Do the Changes after Upgrading the Latest iOS Version.
If you’ve updated to the latest version of iOS and now have a full (or low) alarm volume, follow the procedures below to make the necessary changes.
To adjust the level of your iPhone’s alarm, go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics (or Sounds). Now, you need to switch with Buttons is enabled in the Ringtones & Alerts section. You may modify the alarm volume using the volume controls on the side of your device with this function.
Further, to increase or reduce the volume, drag the ringer and alert volume slider to the right or left. When you drag, an alert sounds, allowing you to gauge loudness changes as they happen.
Top Solutions for Low or Loud iPhone Alarm Volume
On an iPhone, setting an alarm is simple. But what if the alarm volume is too low, causing you to miss it, or too loud, scaring you to death? Several iPhone users have reported that their alarm sound is either too loud or too quiet.
Is there a chance you’re one of them? The ideas in this post will help you solve an iPhone alarm that is too low or too loud. But, before you go any farther, there are a few things you should know.
The Ring/Silent physical switch has no effect on the alarm sound when in Do Not Disturb mode. Even if both settings are turned on, your alarm will still ring at the stated volume.
Let’s have a look at some possibilities.
Reset your Phone.
Restart your iPhone to begin the debugging process. Often, the alarm volume troubles are caused by a momentary malfunction or fault, which can be resolved by restarting the computer.
The Alarm Volume should be Checked.
Unless ‘Change with buttons’ is enabled in Sound options, the alarm volume can’t be modified with the volume buttons. So, the thing is that if someone wants to adjust the loudness of the alarm they have set, you will need to check your settings, i.e. you will need to enable it.
You may also use the volume slider in Sound settings to adjust the alarm volume. To do so, go to Sounds & haptics in Settings.
For this, you need to go to the Ringer and Alerts option and slide over the page to change the alarm volume. Enable the toggle for Modify with buttons if you wish to change the volume in the future with the volume buttons on your iPhone.
Tone up your Alarm.
It’s possible that the alarm tone you’ve chosen is too soft or too harsh. So, try changing the alarm tone and see what happens. Follow these instructions to adjust the alarm tone on your iPhone:
- In the first step, navigate to the Alarm tab in the Clock app on your iPhone.
- Now, in the top-left corner, tap on the Edit option. To modify the changes, you need to press the option.
- On the following page, tap Sound and select a new notification.
- Finally, to save the changes, click the Save button at the top.
If this doesn’t work out well, try to move on to the other solutions.
Look into the Sleep Mode Alarm.
The alarm loudness on your iPhone is controlled by the Sleep/Wake up function (previously known as Bedtime). You should double-check that the alarm volume is set to your preferences.
Follow the instructions below:
- In the first step, navigate to the Alarm tab in the Clock app.
- Next to the Sleep/Wake up time, tap the Change button.
- A volume slider may be found behind the Alarm settings if you scroll down. It’s utilized to adjust the alarm’s volume.
- Finally, to finish, press the Done button.
In the Health app > Your schedule, you can adjust the loudness of the alarm for Sleep mode. Next to your schedule, tap the Edit button. After that, the volume can be tweaked.
Remove the Alarm from your System
If the problem with alarm volume is restricted to a single alarm, consider starting over. To fix the issue of iPhone alarm volume being either low or too loud, erase the existing alarm and re-create it.
Reset your Preferences
Reset all settings on your iPhone if the alarm volume remains excessively loud. Fortunately, there is just one set, so it isn’t a time-consuming procedure.
For this, you need to open the Settings on the phone and click on the General option. And, then press the Reset button for changing all your previous settings. All modified settings will be restored to their default values. Find out exactly what occurs when you reset the settings on your iPhone.
The remedies listed above should resolve your problem. However, it is suggested to check the Bluetooth devices that are paired if this does not happen.
If you connect a Bluetooth device (headphones or speakers) to your iPhone, the alarm will usually be played through both your iPhone and the attached device’s speaker. However, the problem is not always due to a bug in the software. To see if the alarm volume returns to normal, go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn it off.
So, I believe you now understand how to correct an iPhone alarm volume that is either low or too high. I hope the strategies suggested above helped you fix your problem.
Pro Suggestion: Create a Custom Alarm Sound on iPhone
If you enjoy customizing things, there’s a strong chance you’ll want to make personalized alarm sounds for your iOS device. If you think it’ll be a time-consuming process, believe me when I say it’s not.
So, what are you waiting for come have a look at the instructions given under:
- In the first step, from your Home screen, open the Clock app.
- Now, select the Alarms tab. It’s the alarm clock-shaped second tab from the bottom left corner of your screen.
- In the next step, to make a different alarm sound, tap on it.
- Then, the sound should be tapped.
- Then, to find the sound you want, swipe up or down.
- Now, select the desired sound by tapping on it. This will also give you a preview of the sound you choose.
- Then you need to go back to the previous menu by clicking on the Back option. This is found on the topmost page.
- Finally, in the top right corner, tap Save.
That’s all! And, you can now easily set a custom alarm sound on your iOS series.
1. What is the best way to change the volume of my alarm?
Ans. On your iPhone, there are two options for changing the alarm volume. But, the best way is to change the alarm volume by using the Volume Controls in the Settings menu.
2. Is the volume of your phone affecting your alarm?
Ans. The volume on the phone differs from the volume on the iPhone alarm. This implies that if the phone volume is altered, the alarm volume will not change. There are separate volume controls for the phone and the alarm.
3. Why does my iPhone’s alarm becoming so loud?
Ans. The loudness of your iPhone may be excessive when the ringer volume is lower than the audible level. Go to the Settings section to make changes.
4. My phone alarm isn’t going off, why isn’t it?
Ans. The alarm volume is reduced due to a bug. In the iPhone’s Sounds and Haptics settings, you can correct this.
5. When your iPhone is on mute, do the alarms still work?
Ans. The sound of the alarm should not be affected by setting your phone to a silent ring or utilizing Do Not Disturb mode.
If the volume of your alarm is too low, go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics and change it. However, you need to be sure that you haven’t disabled the alarm sound to None option if your alarm is just buzzing around.
5. On the iPhone, how do you set personalized alarms?
Ans. Open the Clock app and go to Alarm > Plus (+) (or Edit > choose alarm) to set music as an iPhone alarm. Choose a song, choose a time, then select Sound. This only works with tracks that have been saved to your phone and are accessible through the Music app.
6. On an iPhone, how do you name your alarms?
Ans. Select the Add (+) icon, then Label if you’re making a new alarm. Press Enter to create a new name. If you wish to change the name of an alarm that has already been set, tap on it and select Label.
7. When your iPhone is in Airplane Mode, do alarms work?
Ans. Airplane Mode disables all network communications, including Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, on your device. Because your alarms don’t require a wireless connection to operate, they continue to function even if Airplane Mode is on.
- How to Change Text Bubble Color on iPhone?
- How to Change Battery Color on iPhone?
- How to Change Safari Background on iPhone?
- How to Update Safari on iPhone?
- How to Change Bluetooth Name on iPhone?
- How to Connect Xbox 360 Controller to iPad?
There were two methods for lowering or turning down the alarm volume on an iPhone. I hope you now know how to adjust the alarm volume on your iOS iPhone.
Apple is making a lot of changes in its ecosystem with iOS 14 (released last year) and iOS 15. With the next iOS releases, we might expect new settings in the alarm area.
Need additional assistance with your iPhone’s alarm or anything else? Please do not leave a comment below!