In this article, I have shown a guide with 6 easy steps on how to change Bluetooth name on iPhone✅✅✅.
Are also worried about how to add a Bluetooth name to your iPhone? Then I must say you are undoubtedly on the right path. This blog will certainly show you how to change or rename the Bluetooth name of your iPhone with ease!
Finding out what a Bluetooth device’s name is can be one of the most unpleasant aspects of pairing it with your smartphone or computer. This is because most devices are set with a default name that is usually a random collection of letters and digits.
It’s tough to find a new Bluetooth device to pair with if you have many Bluetooth devices registered in your settings. There is, however, a way to rename your device to something more memorable so that you can immediately discover it when you plug in your headphones or speaker the next time.
Thus, why not? You dive down and know the easy steps by which you can easily change your Bluetooth device name.
Steps for Changing the Bluetooth Name in an iPhone
Table of Contents
iPhone users have been pleading with Apple for years to allow them to change the name of their Bluetooth device, and now it’s finally possible with the latest update. As earlier, it becomes extremely difficult to distinguish between paired and connected Bluetooth devices that have the same name or strange code language. However, with the updated version, you can now easily change the name of the connected Bluetooth device at any time.
For example, if you have three speakers in three different rooms, all of which are the same brand and model, how will you be able to distinguish between them? This is where iOS renaming Bluetooth device comes into play.
The steps outlined in this article were carried out using an iPhone 6 Plus model. These approaches, on the other hand, will work on any iPhone model running iOS 7 or higher. However, if you have an iPhone 11 with the series of iOS 14 or later, you can certainly be able to modify or change the Bluetooth name with the steps mentioned as under.
The device name is the setting that we will change in the steps underlined here. This is used for things like identifying your device on a Wi-Fi network, in addition to Bluetooth device identification.
Here, we have explained the steps to be followed for changing the name on your iPhone series:
- In the first step, you need to tap the Settings icon available on the screen.
- In the second step, go to the screen and click the General option icon.
- Tap the About button appearing at the topmost level of the screen in the third step.
- To complete the fourth step, you need to touch the Name tap appearing at the topmost side of the screen.
- The fifth step is that you need to press the small x button appearing to the right-hand side of the current device name.
- After clicking on the small x button, you then need to type the name that you’d want to use as the Bluetooth name for your iPhone device.
- Lastly, don’t forget to tap Done. It looks like a blue button appears on the keyboard’s bottom right corner.
- Although, you may need to refresh your other devices to see the new name. On identifying the new name, it will take effect instantly.
What’s the Easiest Way to Rename iPhone-Connected Devices’ Bluetooth Names?
It’s impossible to rename most Bluetooth-connected devices, such as speakers, Apple Watches, and AirPods because they don’t have a keyboard. So, the only way to rename such devices is to link them to a keyboard-connected device.
Fortunately, Apple, one of the prominent brands, offers its users the easiest approach for renaming the Bluetooth devices. The iPhone, offered by the Apple industry, can assist you in this. So, why not? You know the simple procedures which are basic and easy to follow for renaming your Bluetooth devices:
- Go to Settings<<Bluetooth.
- Turn on the Bluetooth on your iPhone.
- Now, turn on the Bluetooth device you want to rename.
- The following step is to select the Bluetooth option from the screen. By clicking on this option, you can link your device to an iPhone. A Bluetooth device, on the other hand, may only be renamed after it has been connected to your iPhone.
- In the next step, once the connection has been confirmed, you need to open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Go to the Settings app of your device.
- There you need to go to the Bluetooth option.
- In this step, the devices that are currently or were previously connected to your iPhone will be listed. In this case, “connected” refers to the device that has been connected to your device.
- The next step requires you to tap the letter “i” on the linked device’s right side.
- To alter or rename the Bluetooth name of the iPhone-connected device, go to the last step and hit Name.
- Edit the name and finally, tap on Done.
- And that’s all.
This will finally rename the device. And, now you can use the new name on any other smartphone or laptop to identify it.
Video tutorial on How to Change Your Bluetooth Name on iPhone
Why are you Unable to Rename the Bluetooth Name on iPhone?
However, you may be unable to rename the device, it can be mainly for two reasons:
- First, the device isn’t successfully connecting to your iPhone. To accomplish this, you must first unplug it, then reconnect it, and then try again.
- Secondly, sometimes some device makers do not provide the opportunity to change your device’s name, thereby leaving you to live with the default name. As a result, you can’t edit the Name field if the manufacturer didn’t provide it to you.
Why Need to Change the Default Name in Bluetooth?
- Changing an iPhone’s default name makes it easier to recognize while connecting to Bluetooth devices.
- You can also give a Bluetooth item a distinctive name on the iPhone to help it stand out among a vast number of devices at home or work.
- Every Bluetooth provides your gains a personal touch with a unique name.
Top 4 Advantages for Changing Bluetooth Default Name
Bluetooth devices have numerous benefits for people from all walks of life. If you’re considering entering into the realm of Bluetooth technology, here’s a rundown of some of the benefits of doing so.
1. Simple to Set up
Pairing a Bluetooth device is a breeze. The user interface varies based on the technology, but it’s normally a three- or four-step procedure. Once the device is set up, there’s no need to reconnect it.
Bluetooth-enabled devices are almost universally compatible with other Bluetooth-enabled devices. Anything makes no difference what kind of design, the model you have; Bluetooth will operate with it.
3. Hardware Requirement is Reduced
Bluetooth is a wireless technology that does not require as much hardware as Wi-Fi does. Your devices can communicate with one another without any additional hardware.
Bluetooth devices are only discoverable when they are being paired. You can even hide them from other devices, as most devices do require a PIN to connect two devices. This secures your connection by adding a layer of security.
1. My iPhone won’t connect to my Bluetooth device. Why is that?
Ans. If the Bluetooth on your iPhone isn’t working, check to see if the device you’re trying to connect to isn’t already connected to something else. After restarting your phone and the Bluetooth device, move them closer together. If a device you’ve previously connected to isn’t working, try to unplug it on your iPhone and then find it again. In this way, you can know why you aren’t able to connect to your Bluetooth.
2. I followed your instructions, but I’m unable to change the name of the device when I click on it.
Ans. Unfortunately, you can’t rename some Bluetooth devices. Some manufacturers will not allow their items to be renamed.
3. How can I transmit files from my iPhone to my computer via Bluetooth?
Ans. To send files through Bluetooth, open the Files app on your iPhone, find the file, tap Share, and then tap AirDrop. Lastly, to finalize the transfer of your files, kindly follow the on-screen directions displayed on the screen.
- How to Change Text Bubble Color on iPhone?
- How to Change Alarm Volume on iPhone?
- How to Change Battery Color on iPhone?
- How to Change Safari Background on iPhone?
- How to Update Safari on iPhone?
- How to Connect Xbox 360 Controller to iPhone/iPad?
Because of the iPhone’s Bluetooth naming difficulties, using it can be a little annoying. However, to be precise, it is to say that all of this can be done by operating to the phone’s settings and by following a few simple steps. Further, you can use the above-mentioned steps whether it be renaming your own iPhone or altering the names of other Bluetooth devices.
Finally, in both processes, you’ll get to the ‘name’ option, where you can rename it to whatever you like! So, if you’ve never done it before, you can now do it with ease!