Are you up to a blog continuously that teaches you “how to change Safari Background on iPhone“? or “how to change Safari Background on Mac“? Don’t worry! You are screening the right blog that will teach you how to change background on Safari together with some pro alternative tips.
One of the most underappreciated changes announced with the release of iOS new models and macOS Monterey was the makeover of Safari.
In terms of browser popularity, Apple’s default browser is second only to Google Chrome, but recent updates have included numerous features that could take it over the top, such as the VPN-like Private Relay tool and support for hiding My Email.
So, without wasting let’s plunge into the blog and get into how to change Safari Background on iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
How to Change Safari Background on iPhone?
Table of Contents
The personalization choices offered on Safari’s homepage are one of our favorite features. There are a number of activities that can be done in the Safari web browser.
Like you can easily scroll down and check all your favorite bookmarks, and view the browser links shared with you in your Messages app. Perhaps, you also have the option of opening the web browser and reading the articles list that you have saved recently.
Also, on moving further you can add and get a customized background to your home screen. It is sad but true to know that continuous viewing of the dull solid background on your web browser Safari can be too boring.
When you do have the option of adding some lovely and beautiful pictures on the backside like animal or a flower theme or even you can add or upload your favorite photos of your loveable friends and family. Isn’t it?
There’s no excuse not to personalize your Safari experience now that this unique option is available. So, come let’s look into quickly how you can add a background image to your iPhone Safari:
- In the first step, Open Safari on your iPhone.
- In the second step, open a new page in your Safari web browser on your iPhone.
- In the next step, you need to scroll down your slider to the Edit icon to view.
- After that, enable the Background Image toggle and select any default image to use as Safari’s background.
- Finally, if you want to utilize a custom background, click the ‘+’ button and select an image from your photo collection.
Here, you complete the instructions for knowing how to change Safari wallpaper on iPhone.
Also See: How to View Saved Passwords on iPhone
How to Change Safari Background for iPad?
To change the background picture on iPad Safari on an iOS 15 or later device, follow these steps.
- In the first step, open a new tab in Safari on your iPad.
- In the next step, scroll down to the ‘Edit’ button on the new tab’s Start Page screen.
- Now, enable the Background Image toggle and select any default image to use as Safari’s background.
- At last, if you wish to use a custom image as your background, select one from your image library by tapping on the ‘Add’ button.
That’s it! And, you are done with how to change Safari background on iPad.
How to Change Safari Background on MacBook?
Apple’s default Safari background image isn’t always suitable for our tastes. It can be overly bright, too white, or simply unattractive. So, the users of the phone urge to change the background effect.
However, this can be accomplished as there is a quick and easy step for making do so. Let’s look at the instructions:
- In the first step, you need to swipe up and go to your MacBook to open the Safari web browser.
- In the next step, click the Menu button in the bottom-right corner of your Mac screen when you’re on the start page.
- Select “Background Image” from the drop-down menu.
- Here, in this step, you can gradually dive down horizontally to view and see the varients of built-in images which you can randomly select and thereby set to your default background for the Safari web browser. Just, press on click and select the image you wish to set by default.
- After that, click the “+” button if you wish to add a custom picture.
- Now, further, a new or fresh screen will appear and you can select the images from your Mac folder. Choose the image for your safari wallpaper by clicking the “Choose” button.
- Then, the image will be used as the start-page background for the Safari browser on the MacBook.
- At last, you may also delete the old safari background wallpaper by selecting it and tapping the “X” button, then repeat the process. Now, you need to view the background on your MacBook.
That’s it! And, you complete the run-down steps for knowing how you can easily change the Safari background on your MacBook.
2 Alternative Tips to Change Safari Background
Here, I have talked about two alternative tips for trying out in Safari background. I hope, you liked it and start experimenting with the pro tips.
Tip 1: How to Customize Background on Safari?
To create a custom backdrop, you’ll need to change the settings on your Safari browser. Thankfully, this is a straightforward procedure that should work for both iPhone and iPad owners.
For doing so, you need to run a newer version of either your iOS or iPadOS devices. To make a custom background in Safari for mobile, follow these steps:
- In the first step, on your iPhone, open Safari.
- After that, you need to click on the double square icon visible on the end of the screen to get into a fresh page of your device.
- Now, tap the addition (+) icon in the lower-left to see thumbnails of the pages currently open in Safari.
- In the next step, you need to google around the end of the screen to the Customize Start icon nf the drop-down list and click on the Edit button.
- Here, the Background Image area is at the bottom; tap the slider to enable it.
- Then, select one of the pre-installed Apple backdrops or hit the addition (+) symbol to create your own.
- At last, if you want to use your photo, go to the Photos app and choose a photo from your device to use as your new Safari backdrop.
Tip 2: How to View the Customised Safari Background?
Here, you first need to return to the main Safari screen to see the results if you choose an Apple background image to use as your background image.
Next, if you add your photo to the Customize Stage Page > Background Image box, it will appear among the default Apple backgrounds.
Follow the methods above to switch to another image if you wish to change the background image at any time. Alternatively, you may use the Background Image slider to turn it off completely.
FAQs on How to Change Safari Background
1. How do I change the backdrop of Safari to black?
Ans. Open the three-dot menu on iOS and click Settings, then Dark under Theme. For Android, click Settings > Appearance > Theme and Dark from the three-dot menu at the bottom of the browser.
2. Can you be able to change the Safari theme?
Ans. If you see the Safari web browser it seemed to be the Mac operating default system. Safari, like most Mac applications, lacks theme support, and the user interface can only be altered when the system-wide theme is changed.
3. How can I get rid of the backdrop in Safari?
Ans. Firstly, return to the “Background Image” area of the customizing menu to remove or replace this image. Then, to remove the current background image, click the “X” button.
4. How can I change the search engine in Safari?
Ans. In the first step, you need to the Seach box in your Safari application and thereby you need to type the content you are looking for and view the list of the results being displayed on the screen.
In the next step, select Safari > Choices, then Search to alter your preferences. In the last step, you need to choose the search engine system you opt to view the web searches for the content you desire from the taskbar popping up on the screen.
5. Suggest a simple way how to change the Safari background themes from black to white color?
Ans. In the first step, open Safari, then touch “Show Reader View” after clicking the two ‘As’ in the upper left corner of the address bar.
Now, the page will be completely white, excluding the content – useful on sites with a lot of advertising – then tap the two ‘As’ again and select the desired color.
6. Is the Safari browser still open?
Ans. The updates are irregular. Apparently, you see Safari web browser is a built-in application on all the iOS or iPadOS devices. Safari updates for other operating systems, such as Windows OS, have unfortunately been terminated.
Still, you can find out some notable worth-making applications on your devices that act as an alternative to the Safari web browser like Google Chrome and Firefox Quantum.
- How to Change Text Bubble Color on iPhone?
- How to Change Alarm Volume on iPhone?
- How to Change Battery Color on iPhone?
- How to Update Safari on iPhone?
- How to Change Bluetooth Name on iPhone?
- How to Connect Xbox 360 Controller to iPhone/iPad?
So that concludes our tutorial on how to change the Safari background on iPhone, MacBook, and iPad devices.
It’s always nice to have a variety of customization choices to shape the app’s look and feel to our preferences.