You’re trying to browse a pornographic website, but Safari is refusing to let you? Toggling your SafeSearch Off should work for you in that situation.
After everything is said, done, and tested, if you are still annoyed about Google SafeSearch not visibly showing all the results of the content, heed my advice and connect it quickly. Consequently, this is how to turn off SafeSearch on iPhone easily and effectively along with some bonus tips and tricks as well.
What does “SafeSearch” mean?
Table of Contents
Before you move to the main topic of the day which is how to turn SafeSearch off on iPhone, you’d rather need to indulge in the simple and precise meaning of the term SafeSearch.
Perhaps, the convenient way for disabling SafeSearch is by using the Settings application on the iPhone to turn it off. On your iPhone, the Safe Search feature allows you to control what comes up when you conduct a content search.
It is enabled by default and enables you to search for items on your phone using particular keywords. To disable Safe Search, take the following actions:
- In the first step, you will be required to launch the iPhone’s Settings app.
- In the next step, you will be directed to disable the slider bar next to the SafeSearch icon appearing under the General tab near the Search button.
- Finally, you’re finished!
How to Turn Off SafeSearch on iPhone?(Here are 3 Methods)
Now, coming to the main topic which is how to turn off SafeSearch on Safari iPhone using three of the best alternatives in forward with you.
Conversely, I’d wanted to know all about whether have you changed your mind to limiting unwillingly to Google search for the content. Not to worry! On the Google iPhone, SafeSearch is always deactivated. The techniques to use to disable SafeSearch are listed below.
Method 1: Disable SafeSearch in the iPhone’s Settings.
Through the iPhone’s settings, the SafeSearch feature can be disabled. You may access Safari configurations using iPhone settings because Safari supports iPhone. The steps below can be used to disable SafeSearch on your iPhone.
- In the first step, Open Settings.
- Select Screen Time under iPhone Settings.
- After that, select Content & Privacy Restrictions after that.
- In the next step, click Content Restriction after that.
- Now, go here and select Web Content.
- Finally, you now have three choices. Make sure that the Unrestricted Access is checked.
Method2: Deactivate SafeSearch on Google Chrome.
Google Chrome includes SafeSearch settings built right into the browser, unlike Safari. This approach is much simpler than the one described before because it calls for less intricate stages. All you need to do to see the search filter options is go to Google settings.
- Firstly, you will be directed to quickly open the Chrome web browser and then click on the profile icon appearing on the topmost side of the screen.
- In the next step, you will be automatically taken to the page where you can easily see the Settings icon appearing on the screen.
- Now, tap the option labeled “Hide explicit results” when you see it.
- Then, you need to toggle for Hiding explicit results must then be disabled.
- Finally, SafeSearch will be off now.
Method 3: Bing Search on Microsoft.
On Microsoft Bing search, the safe search feature can also be disabled. However, quickly dive into the mentioned instructions for disabling the feature of SafeSearch:
- In the first step, you will be required to quickly launch the Bing search engine browser on the device.
- In the next step, depending on the app or browser version, tap the Profile or Three lines in the top right or left corner.
- After that, select Settings.
- Now, click Search.
- Then, on SafeSearch, click.
- Finally, choose Off.
Here, you come to the end of the three best approaches for knowing how to turn SafeSearch off iPhone in a much-simplified way.
Bonus Tip 1: Why should Safe Search be Disabled?
You can more freely explore the Web on your iPhone when SafeSearch is disabled. This is somewhat especially popular among parents when they are looking for some which are not at all suitable for their growing kids. SafeSearch enables parents to manage what their kids see online.
The iPhone’s safe search feature lets you prevent specific websites from showing up in search results.
Turning off safe searches will help prevent your screen from being clogged with invasive adverts and other possibly hazardous content, even though browsing all of your favorite websites may be easy. Safe search can also assist you in preventing unintentionally clicking on harmful websites.
Bonus Tip 2: Why am I Unable to Disable SafeSearch on my iPhone?
Along with knowing how to turn off SafeSearch on iPhone, the following factors may be at play if you have tried to disable Safari’s SafeSearch feature but are still unable to view Google’s unfiltered content:
1. Remove the Cache.
Your device’s Google cache could be the cause of the problem while trying to modify Safari’s SafeSearch setting. Try to use Google’s “More Tools” to clean your cache.
2. Remove the Past/History.
Delete your history from the same option and try again if the earlier hack is unsuccessful.
3. Using an Older Version.
Since the iPhone is known for its updates, the fact that you are still unable to disable SafeSearch on Google may be related to the fact that you are using an older version of iOS to run Safari on your device.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why am I unable to disable SafeSearch?
Ans. Due to your linked network, you probably can’t turn off SafeSearch on your phone. There is a very high likelihood that the network administrator will impose restrictions on the websites you are attempting to access if you are utilizing a public network in a library or school.
2. Exactly how do I disable SafeSearch on my MacBook?
Ans. You must access your browser if you wish to disable SafeSearch on your Mac. Click the settings button in your browser’s bottom right corner. Select search options from the setting dropdown after it has opened, then uncheck the SafeSearch box.
3. How can I disable Google SafeSearch?
Ans. You can disable Google SafeSearch from the browser options if you visit the web using a Google browser. Go to your Google profile and select settings to do this. Go to your search bar in settings and type “Safe Browsing.” You can now disable Safe Browsing so that you can browse the web without SafeSearch enabled.
4. Why can’t I access some content despite disabling SafeSearch?
Ans. After turning off SafeSearch, if you still cannot access the content, it may have been restricted by the system administrator or your Internet service provider (ISP).
5. What to do if Explicit Content is found while SafeSearch is enabled?
Ans. Google claims that SafeSearch is not entirely accurate. Even though it does a respectable job of upholding a secure browsing environment, occasionally it forgets to flag the explicit contents. You can contact Google and report the content in this situation.
6. What settings on my iPhone 11 should I disable?
Ans. If you desire more from your iPhone 11, read on. It should occasionally be turned off. You can increase battery life and performance by doing this.
- How to Turn off RTT on iPhone?
- How to Turn Off Auto Caps on iPhone?
- How to Turn Off Do Not Disturb on iPhone?
- How to Turn off Airplay on iPhone?
Final Words on How to Turn Off Safe Search on iPhone
SafeSearch aims to enhance your surfing experience, yet it may wind up hiding many useful queries from you. However, since turning off SafeSearch will solve the problem, you no longer need to be concerned about the accuracy of your search results.
In conclusion, we hope that this article helped you complete all the steps required to access the internet without any limitations.