Apple makes it simple to share the screen of your iPhone, iPad, or Mac with another AirPlay-compatible device.
What happens once the presentation is over, though? Still, if you see all around for a user of the iOS it is not so easy to configure the problem of how to turn off AirPlay on iPhone or how do I turn off AirPlay on my iPhone. Thankfully, it’s as simple as a few clicks or touches.
Top 4 Methods for How to Turn Off AirPlay on iPhone?
Table of Contents
You may disable AirPlay on your iPhone in a variety of ways, including moving the playback to your iPhone rather than the device to which you’re connecting.
Method 1: Using the Screen Mirroring Feature in Control Center.
- Firstly, you are required to scroll and slider the pointer to access the Control Center protocol from the end of the screen.
- In the next step, Tap the AirPlay mirroring icon, which resembles a television. So, once the AirPlay icon turns blue and the name of the device connected is visible, you need to plug it into the AirPlay icon. Through this, your iPhone will be instantly linked to the AirPlay device and you are ready to go to the further steps.
- After that, you are required to turn off the AirPlay Mirroring feature if it is linked to the AirPlay device subsequently.
- Finally, sounds will be delivered through your iPhone speakers now that you are not linked to any AirPlay devices.
Method 2: Making use of the Apple TV App.
You may turn off AirPlay straight inside the Apple TV app if you use it to stream movies and TV shows.
Now, the AirPlay icon visible at the back of the playback control bar will be initially highlighted as a blue color, if you start playing directly by connecting to the Apple TV application. The connection should be between the iPhone to an AirPlay device.
- At first, you are required to click on the AirPlay icon visible at the left side corner and select the toggle switch to turn it off.
- In the next step, within the “Speakers & TVs,” dashboard you will view an overflow menu bar visible under the AirPlay device that shows the device currently plugged into a device playing content.
- Now, in the next step, by clicking on the iPhone to this drop-down menu list, you can turn off the AirPlay button smoothly.
- Here, the connector on the AirPlay-enabled TV will now stop playing.
- Now, when your AirPlay button starts to connect with the Apple TV app incidental to the default tab, you are required to hit the blue alike button of the AirPlay appearing at the top-left corner to disable the connector.
- By now, you will notice that the selected AirPlay device is directed gradually to set and play the content you regularly keep on watching on your iPhone as and when the menu opens. To disable this, go to the overflow menu and select Play on iPhone.
- Finally, all future content you watch on your iPhone’s Apple TV app will be streamed to it, rather than via AirPlay.
However, if you are unsatisfied with the stated method or the trick, you don’t need to worry about it. Below, I have suggested a few more tricks that will help you to fix the approach. Continue reading to learn more!
Method 3: From the Lockscreen on iOS.
For instance, if you operating on a media player and connected to the AirPlay on your iPhone, you can easily turn it off directly by leading to the turn-off switch available using the Lock Screen on iOS. But, for this, you need to operate and work with the Control Center Panel.
- At first, in order to turn off the switch of the AirPlay, you are required to click on the blue alike symbol flashing the AirPlay tab towards the upper-right side of the Lock Screen media player.
- Now, within the “Speakers & TVs,” dashboard you will view an overflow menu bar visible under the AirPlay device that shows the device currently plugged into a device playing content.
- In the next step, you are required to click on the iPhone rather than clicking on the AirPlay to automatically continue playing the content you opt for on your iPhone.
- Finally, when you switch to your iPhone, AirPlay will turn off.
Method 4: Using the Media Player in the Control Center.
On iPhones, there is a distinct section for media players in the Control Center. With this, the AirPlay will display and play either the audio or the video that you preferably choose.
However, you can gradually turn off the connector to the Control Center media player panel if you decide to use such media to another connector of AirPlay-compatible devices. This is what you must do:
- Firstly, to begin the process you need to go to the Control Center Panel on your iOS device.
- However, if you are operating an older version of the iPhone for instance X or any other you need to indulge to the end of the page. But, if you are operating an older model number of the iPhone, you need to slide the toggle switch by directly moving to the bottom of the page.
- In the next step, look for the presently playing media in the media player in the Control Center. If the Media Player is AirPlay-enabled, a blue Airplay symbol will show.
- After that, select the Airplay icon for streaming media into an AirPlay-compatible device.
- Then, the AirPlay-enabled device will appear under Speakers & TVs.
- Finally, to stop the media from streaming on your linked device, simply tap on the iPhone.
1. How can I uninstall AirPlay on my phone?
Ans. AirPlay cannot be uninstalled or removed. The best of it is to turn off the AirPlay button enabled on the Control Panel.
For this, at first, you are required to open the Control Center Panel bar by clicking on the Screen Mirroring button. And, after that, you are required to click on the Stop Mirroring switch to turn off the AirPlay button on the iPhone.
2. On my iPhone, where are the AirPlay settings?
Ans. For this, you can use the Apple Home application where you can easily customize and change the settings instantly on your AirPlay devices.
With this, you can turn on and off the AirPlay feature, limit the AirPlay access to the device connected, alter the names of your connected devices, and also allow others to project their connected device screen directly to the Apple TV or other smart TV using the Home application on the iPhone.
3. What happened to the AirPlay button?
Ans. AirPlay button is featured right near the application that you are using to cast media, for instance, the YouTube app. Further, to be more specific, the rectangular symbol pointing towards the uppermost arrows is your AirPlay button.
4. Is it possible to completely disable AirPlay?
Ans. No. Apple does not provide a means to permanently disable AirPlay. You can’t turn off AirPlay forever because it’s a built-in feature on iOS rather than a separate app.
However, if you are not willing to use the enhanced feature, you do have the option of turning it off or preventing your iPhone’s content from playing to other connected AirPlay devices.
- How to Turn Off SafeSearch on iPhone?
- How to Turn off RTT on iPhone?
- How to Turn Off Auto Caps on iPhone?
- How to Turn Off Do Not Disturb on iPhone?
This finishes our tutorial on how to turn AirPLay off on iPhone. To accomplish so, use any of the strategies listed in this tutorial.
So, share your opinion on the blog and comment on have you attempted it trying on your AirPlay devices, does it work? We will be delighted to assist you.