Are you also in the same dilemma as I am? Worry, not! Today, I am here to solve all your puzzles and also let you know How to delete Google Photos without deleting from phone?.
Yes, you heard right! I will show you here the common reason for the occurrence of this issue and also will suggest two prominent ways out there for dealing with it.
We all know Google Backup and Sync is a popular choice, not only because it allows you to upload data to Google Drive, but also because it allows you to upload photographs to Google Photos.
However, there are situations when people find it distressing. There is no official way to delete images from Google Photos without also deleting them from your mobile device, for example.
Someone needs to come up with an out-of-the-box answer, as is customary, and that is precisely why we are here. Let’s look at how to delete images from Google Photos without erasing them off your phone. Let’s get started.
How can I use Google Photos to my Advantage?
Table of Contents
Google Photos can be defined in simple terms as photo storage and sharing service that Google company launched prior many years ago. It is an excellent feature that allows users to build a backup of photographs and videos that is both safe and secure.
It requires little technical knowledge to use, and all of your images and videos are synced as soon as they are saved to your device.
This is a terrific method to save up space on your device while still taking new images, knowing that copies of them are safely kept in Google Photos.
Top 4 Situations for knowing why Deleted Photos result in Deleted from the Phone
The query is legitimate. When you try to delete a photo from your phone, Google Photos saves a copy. When you try to do it the opposite way around, though, the original photo on your phone is also deleted. So, if you see here I have shown down a few possibilities that you might encounter.
Situation 1: If a Photo is Accidentally Deleted on a Phone with Backup & Sync Enabled.
The Backup & Sync function on Google Photos is turned on in this situation.
When you remove a photo on your device, it also deletes the photo synced on Google Photos or the online version. It’s gone, and you can’t get it back using an app or the Google Photos website.
Situation 2: If a Photo is Deleted from a Phone that has Backup & Sync Turned off.
After removing the Backup & Sync option, you delete the original on-device photo.
The photo will be destroyed from your device, but it may appear on other shared devices; however, once the sync is activated, the photo will disappear from all shared devices.
Situation 3: If a Photo is Deleted from a Website where Backup and Synced are Disabled.
You’ll need a computer or access to the Google Photos website (on your phone) with Backup & Sync turned off for this method to work. When you delete an image from the website, it is also deleted from other shared devices.
However, the original copy remains intact on your phone. Because you have an on-device copy of the photo, as soon as you turn on Backup & Sync, the photo will be backed up on Google Photos again.
Situations 4: If a Photo is Accidentally Deleted from a Website that has backup and Sync Enabled.
When you delete an image from Google Photos, it is removed from all synced and shared devices. The original copy, on the other hand, will be available on your phone.
However, because the Backup & Sync option is turned on, the photo will be backed up on Google Photos once more. You must move the photographs out of the Camera folder to any other folder to avoid auto-backup.
Now that you’ve gotten answers to your most common questions, let’s look at the top two techniques for removing images from Google Photos without erasing them off your phone!
2 Methods for Deleting Photos from Google Photos without Deleting from the iPhone
Here, I have discussed the two most important methods available for you to know how to delete google photos without deleting from iPhone easily and smartly. So, come look at those two methods:
Method 1: Delete Photos from your Phone’s Google Photos.
The first option for dealing with this scenario is to erase images from your phone’s Google Photos.
Because it is very basic and simple to follow, this method is ideal for both iOS and Android users. So, here’s how to erase images from Google Photos without having to delete them off your phone!
- In the first step, go to Settings > Apps > Google Photos > Storage in Google Photos. Then you can’t access the storage.
- Now, it will then prompt you to delete images without erasing them from your phone.
- In the next step, cautiously look for the photos or the images that you saved in your Google folder.
- Then, long-press the photo you’d like to delete until it’s highlighted. You have the option of selecting multiple photos.
- Now, you will need to click on the Trash icon appearing on the upper side of the page. All of the selected images will be moved to the Trash as a result of this action. However, if you want to retrieve it, it will be saved in the trash folder for a maximum period of 60 days.
- Then, return to the “Menu” icon to permanently remove all of the photos in your bin.
- Finally, you can either delete each photo manually or use the “Delete All” button to delete all of the photos in the bin at once.
That concludes my discussion! And, you come to the end of the first method is knowing how to delete google photos without deleting from phone.
Method 2: Delete Photos from your Computer’s Google Photos
This method of deleting photos from the Google Photos application necessitates the usage of both a computer and a smartphone.
Here’s how to go about it!
- In the first step, locate and click “Google Photos” on the Home Screen. Sign in to your Google Account, which holds all of your images, and then press the three horizontal lines that represent the “Menu” option.
- In the second step, disable the “Back Up & Sync” option on all devices that are storing photographs to Google Photos by clicking “Settings” here. This prevents photographs from being re-uploaded to Google Photos after they have been deleted.
- Now go to photos.google.com on your computer and sign in with the Google Account that your phone is linked to.
- Then, find the photographs you’ve saved to Google Photos in this folder.
- Now, you will need to slide over the images you desire to delete. And, thereby, review all the media files for a small tick symbol appearing on the upper side of the page. You can click on multiple images at once.
- Finally, you will need to press the Trash Bin option appearing on the upper side of the screen. All of the photographs will be moved to the Trash Bin as a result of this action. The photos will be permanently removed after 60 days.
That concludes my discussion! And, you come to the end of the first method is knowing how to delete google photos without deleting from iPhone.
1. How can you remove photographs from Google Photos without them being removed from the album?
Ans. Because Google Images is supposed to be a one-stop shop for all of your photos, deleting one shot without destroying the others is impossible.
One method is to download all of your images from Google Photos and then erase them from the device, but this will only work if you have made additional backups.
2. Is it true that removing images from Google Photos saves space?
Ans. Google Photos photos are kept in the cloud rather than on your phone. It is not possible to free up space on your phone by deleting photographs from Google Photos.
3. How can I get rid of photos from Google Photos but not on my iPhone?
Ans. For this, you need to go to the Google Photos app on your phone to delete all your photos from Google rather than being deleted from your device.
- To begin, open the app and tap “More.” Only the photographs stored in Google Photos will be removed if you hit “Delete” and then “Photos” from here.
- Then select the photographs you wish to delete by tapping “Select.”
- Finally, you do get an option of viewing the photo by clicking on the thumbnail tab, before it gets deleted from the Google Photos.
4. How can I remove Google Photos from my phone without erasing it?
Ans. In the first step, you will need to go to the Settings menu and thereby select the Google Photos option on your iPhone. Then, select Delete All from the three dots in the upper right corner.
Now, in the final step, tap Delete once more to confirm the deletion of all photos.
5. What is the best way to erase images from my phone while keeping them on Google?
Ans. The Gallery app on your phone stores all of your photos. By touching and holding on to the photo you wish to delete, then tap “Delete,” you can delete it from the Gallery app.
6. What’s the best way to stop Google Photos from syncing?
Ans. If you’ve enabled Google Photos on your phone, it will sync immediately. Go to Settings > Google Photographs > Sync photos to turn off this feature.
7. What’s the best way to clear up my Google Photos?
Ans. Google Photos is a fantastic tool for organizing and saving your photos. However, duplicates, snapshots, and other undesired files can clog it up.
8. How can I get my Google Photos back?
Ans. You should be familiar with the Recycle Bin if you use a computer. When you remove anything, it does not go away on its own. Many documents and photographs end up in the trash.
This approach is advantageous since it allows you to free up some storage space while also allowing you to recover your information afterward.
At this, you get an option of going to the trash section on your phone and retrieving either all or some of the photos you wish to restore it. However, keep in mind that the 60-day grace period does not apply to the entire folder; rather, it applies to each picture, based on the date and time of deletion.
- How to Rename Photos on iPhone?
- How to Combine Photos on iPhone?
- How to Delete Photo Albums on iPhone?
That brings us to the end of our tutorial on how to delete images from Google Photos without erasing them off your phone!
Regardless of which option you choose from the list above, deleting images from Google Photos without deleting them off your phone will yield smooth results.