Are you impatient and desperate to know all about how to combine two videos on iPhone? Here is a how-to guide blog on how to merge two videos on iPhone that will teach you how you can easily combine the videos and make them the way you desire.
If you see around people do desire to combine two or more videos. You can merge two or more video clips into one cohesive video by combining them. You can even include images.
It is quite simple to do so. Here, we will go through the blog and know the easy steps for doing so. We’ll be using Apple’s iMovie app, which is a capable video editing program. This app is completely free to download and can be installed in an easy way out.
So, what is making you wait for? Let’s dive inside the blog and learn how to merge videos on iPhone, together with the editing guides for creating the video to your desire. Additionally, you also learn some top and pro tips for easy working in combining the videos on iPhone.
How to Combine Videos on iPhone?(Step by Step)
Table of Contents
Follow the instructions below to quickly learn how to combine videos on iPhone in an easy-going step:
Install the iMovie App
In the first step, you will be required to install the iMovie application. Then, go to the App Store on your iPhone and search for the iMovie app, then download and install it.
Click on Create Project
In the next step, you will be asked to tap the + Create Project symbol in iMovie, then the Movie icon, which reads “combine movies, images, and music to produce your movie.”
Display the Photos on the App
In this step, iMovie will display all of the films and photographs stored on your iPhone from the Photos app. You can view more by scrolling below.
You may view your Albums, Photos, Videos, and other media by tapping Media. Choose which videos you’d want to combine. You can choose two or more videos. If you wish, you may also include photos. Now, once you complete, you need to click on the Create Movie icon appearing towards the end of the page.
Project is Ready to Start
Here, in this step, your new project is about to begin. The iMovie timeline will be updated with all of the photographs or videos you selected. You can either edit or save your video as is.
Selection of Videos you want to Combine
In this step, you will be asked to choose videos that you want to combine. By tapping the Play icon, you may see a preview of it.
Click on Done
Finally, if you’re satisfied, hit Done and then the Share button at the bottom of the screen to store or transmit the finished video. You may always come back and edit this project later.
Finally, you have completed all the steps that are essential for knowing how to put videos together on iPhone. So, come dive inside the second part of the blog that will help you to know what type of changes can be made instantly to the combined videos on an iPhone.
Different Types of Changes to Make in your Combine Video
There are several editing choices to choose from in the iMovie app. If you want to make those types of changes to your video, you can in this blog learn the prominent type of changes you can make in the video.
Here, you will learn what are the type of changes you can make in your combined video and also learn the steps to each change.
Sometimes it might happen that your videos aren’t yet ready to be combined. One of the videos, for example, maybe excessively long.
By removing unneeded stuff from the beginning or end of your recordings, you may be able to make a great video from start to finish. This is an optional step. Or it might happen that you won’t need to cut your films. After you’ve added your videos to your project, you can trim them in iMovie. Here’s how it’s done:
- In the first step, choose the video clip you wish to cut and tap it.
- In the next step, drag the yellow trim slider as well. The left-facing arrow or the right-facing arrow can be dragged.
- Now, you will require to put together video clips. By moving your video clips or photographs, you can rearrange or reorder them. You can reorganize them into the right order if you are unsatisfied with them.
- In the next step, you need to keep one of your fingers to the video and drag it to the location you wish or desire to move.
- Now, drag it to a different spot.
- Finally, let go of the clip.
Your videos can also be divided. Here’s how it’s done:
- Firstly, to divide a clip, simply tap it.
- This will make the clip visible. Select the Actions options (a “scissors” icon will appear).
- Now, in the next step, hold the white cursor (the Timeline Playhead – the white line) over the split point.
- Finally, tap Split when you’re ready.
A photo or video can be removed from your combined video. Here’s how it’s done:
- In the first step, to erase a video clip or snapshot, tap and hold it.
- In the next step, drag it away from the timeframe until the puff icon appears.
- Now, add other video or photo clips to your project.
Adding the Clips
Video clips and photographs can always be added to your projects. Here’s how it’s done:
- Firstly, to add something, press the (+) button.
- Then tap the folder containing your photo or video.
- Finally, choose which photographs or videos to include.
Transitions can be Added or Changed
Transitions combine the contents of two clips to create a seamless or visually pleasing transition from one video clip to the next. There are numerous possibilities:
- Firstly, in the Timeline, tap the Transition.
- In the next step, choose another transition. Choose from “Theme,” “Dissolve,” “Slide,” “Wipe,” or “Fade.”
- Now, select None if you want to remove a transition.
- Finally, the transition duration can be changed from 0.5 to 1.0.
Applying a Filter
If you like, you can apply filters. Here, I have explained how you can do this:
- In the first step, if your video clip is not open, you will require to make it visible on the screen.
- In the next step, the gear icon should be tapped.
- Now, choose a theme or filter. When you’re finished, tap Done. However, you can also disable filters by selecting None.
Text or Title Addition
For adding text or title to the video, you will be required to follow the given steps:
- In the first step, activate your video.
- In the next step, select the clip to which you’d like to add text or a title.
- Now, as you select the clip, the video in which you wish to add a text will appear towards the end of the page.
- Finally, add your text by using the Text (T) button.
Alternative: How do I use Third-Party Apps to Combine Videos on iPhone?
However, there is also an option for going for the third-party apps for extensively and effectively combing the videos on an iPhone. Third-party apps are also professionally qualified and workable in wonder last way for creating an awful video. Several video editing tools allow you to mix videos.
Finding a good video merger app, on the other hand, can be difficult. We’ve shown you how to use the VivaVideo and FilmoraGo video editing applications on your iPhone to merge videos.
Merge Videos on iPhone with the VivaVideo App
For merging a video on iPhone using a VivaVideo app, you will require to follow the instructions step by step:
- In the first step, on your iPhone, open the VivaVideo – Video Editor&Maker app.
- Next, you will be asked to click on the icon named “+ New Project” from the menu list appearing on the screen.
- Now, to begin your project, choose a video and press the “NEXT” button.
- Then, over the video timeline, hit the “Plus Plus” button.
- After that, select the second video you wish to merge.
- Now, the two videos are mixed one after another.
- Then, to insert a video or a clip between two videos, you must first split or trim your video with “Edit.”
- At last, if you wish to modify the position of your video clip, you will be required to click and hold on the clip and drag it to the area you wish to move.
Combine a Video on iPhone with the Filmora Go App
For combining a video clip on your iPhone using the Filmora Go app, you need to follow the given instructions carefully:
- In the first step, you will be required to install and open the FilmoraGo-Video Editor & Maker app on your iPhone.
- In the next step, select “+ NEW PROJECT” from the drop-down menu.
- To begin your video project, select a photo and touch “IMPORT.”
- Then, to upload a video, tap the “Plus Plus” icon.
- After that, select the video you wish to combine and press “IMPORT.”
- Finally, your videos have now been combined. You may also edit and separate clips from your video by tapping “Trim.”
Top 7 Tips for Combining Videos on iPhone
Here are a few things to remember to complete your assignment quickly.
First, Create a Storyboard.
If you want to combine and merge several other multiple video clips, it is suggested to create a storyboard. By creating a storyboard, you can know well, how you can put the video clips efficiently, and make them the way you desire.
Second, use Dimensions.
In general, shooting films in landscape mode is preferable. Horizontal videos work well across a variety of social media feeds and platforms, including YouTube and Vimeo. A portrait video is a way to go if you’re intending to upload your video as a story.
Consider the platform you’ll use to post your finished video and its specifications before you start recording since it’s also a good idea to tweak your camera’s settings. You can also modify the parameters of your video while editing it.
Third, take into mind the Source Files’ Quality.
The quality of your merged video will be determined by your source files. However, if you decide to reduce the size of your video clip, the picture quilty of the combined video will be affected adversely.
Fourth, cut and Trim.
Trimming removes superfluous content from the beginning and end of your film. If you want to clip out some footage in the middle, utilize the cut feature.
Fifth, Correct the Color.
When you combine various clips, their color temperature, brightness, and other characteristics may differ. Adjust lighting and color to make the clips look more consistent.
Sixth, the text should be Added.
Not to worry if your video clip is muted, this is so because, if you have added any text or have given captions to your video, it will help the viewers to understand what’s going on in all. It’s always a good idea to optimize videos for Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn without sound.
Seventh, Employ Transitions.
When mixing numerous video segments, transitions come in handy.
Last, make a Custom Track or use Background Music.
Make your video more entertaining by adding background music. You can choose from a collection of royalty-free music in some apps. You can also submit your own.
In the above section, I have explained how can you trim, add text, or various other changes that can be made in the iMovie app. So, do understand each tip and trick and followed the editing process for creating a video in the way you desire.
1. How can you put iPhone videos together without using transitions?
Ans. Transitions might make your blended video segments appear unprofessional at times. In this situation, you are suggested to use an online UniConverter tool for better integrating your video clips either with or without any transitions effect.
Before combining your videos, simply uncheck the crossfade option.
2. How do I mix two vertical iPhone videos?
Ans. Although most movies are created in landscape (horizontal) orientation, vertical layouts are quickly gaining popularity.
On networks like Instagram, Likee, and TikTok, vertical videos are more comfortable to watch on your iPhone. To generate portrait films, use Online UniConverter once more. Simply change the aspect ratio to 9:16.
3. In iMovie, why can’t I join clips?
Ans. You can only reconnect the clips provided you haven’t made any further modifications, such as clipping out dead space, in the meanwhile.
When you share the split clips, the portions will be united, and you can then import the merged segments back into iMovie. However, if you desire to gain insight into this, you can by creating your project.
- How to Speed Up A Video on iPhone?
- How to Reverse a Video on iPhone
- How to Screenshot a Video on iPhone?
- How to Pause a Video on iPhone?
- How Long Can You Screen Record on iPhone?
So, here, I end the conversation regarding how to put videos together on iPhone easily and simply. Or how to combine videos iPhone and make them turn out into one. And, we hope you enjoyed reading it. Thank you for your taking out some time and read out the blog with much patience.
Here, to merge your videos, we provided you with some refined apps such as iMovie video editor, a built-in interface for Apple iOS devices. So, which video merger app did you think was the best?
Further, do give us your feedback on the blog and share your experience about whether you can combine the videos or not?