Are you searching for blogs that teach you rightly know how to speed up a video on iPhone? Here, you will learn the simple ways by which you can now easily fast forward a video on your iPhone.
You might have faced that whenever you try to film a video with your iPhone, everything becomes quite confusing or slow for a while. Perhaps, if you have seen you can know well that it is not an easy task to take a slow-motion video. But, thanks to the updated tech that provided you with a Slo-mo camera setting on your iOS devices.
But, what if you desire to fasten and speed up the video on your iPhone? However, you will be surprised to know that you do have a way out of speeding up a specific video on iOS devices. You need to know that there is no feature that allows you to speed up a video while you are recording, unlike your Slo-mo videos.
Also, you can increase the speed of any of your old or previously recorded videos. So, the thing is that you will need to decide and know first whether you want to speed up a regular video or are thinking to speed up a slow-moving video. Let’s look at how to go about achieving that in either situation.
How to Speed Up A Video on iPhone?
The best solution for both situations is to use the iMovie app. This app will fit all your requirements and will certainly make your slow-moving video faster or can even convert your regular videos to a fast-forward.
So, come know how to use the iMovie app to speed up video iPhone in both situations.
Method 1: How to Increase the Speed of Regular Videos on iPhone using iMovie
Use Apple’s free iMovie app on your iPhone to enhance the speed of a standard video. For doing this, you need to carefully indulge through the instructions below:
- In the first step, open the Play Store app and look for the iMovie video editor and creator app. As you find it directly install the app on your device. Tap “Create Project” on the “Projects” section of the app.
- In the next step, choose “Movie” from the “New Project” option.
- Now, in the next step, from the gallery section, you need to select the video you desire to fast-forward. Thereby, you need to click on the “Create Movie” option towards the end of the page.
- After that, tap your newly added video on the timeline in iMovie. Now, you will need to press the speedometer symbol appearing towards the end of the drop-down list.
- Here, you’ll notice a slider above the speedometer icon that allows you to slow or speed up your video. So, you just need to go down and drag toward the bracket bar appearing on the right side of the page for increasing the speed of your video.
- Then press “Done” in the top-left corner to save your project.
- Then, to export your speed-up video, go back to the project page and tap the up-arrow button.
- After that, go to the Save Video button and click on it. And, thereby, select the video quality you ought to give in the video.
- Finally, as all complete the step-by-step guidelines, you are almost done. At last, the iMovie app will export and bring the speed-up video to your Photos app.
Here, you complete how to speed up a video on iPhone in either of the situations using the built-in feature of Apple’s iOS devices.
Method 2: How to Increase the Speed of Slo-Mo Videos on iPhone using iMovie
The Photos and iMovie applications make it simple to speed up a slow-motion film or increase the pace of a conventional video on your iPhone. So, not to worry? I am here to coach you through the entire step to know how to speed up a video iPhone:
You’ll utilize the Photos app on your iPhone to modify the pace of your slo-mo films. For this, go to the play store app and search for the iMovie app and thereby download and install it on your device. So, come know the step-by-step to the entire process:
- In the first step, you will require to use the editing settings in the stock Photos app on your iPhone to bring your slo-mo movie to regular speed.
- In the next step, you need to open the Photos folder on your phone and then begin with the further steps. Tap “Albums” in the bottom bar of the app, then “Slo-Mo.”
- Now, you will require to choose the slo-mo video you want to convert to standard speed. When the video has fully loaded, tap “Edit” in the top-right corner.
- You will find two types of vertical lines towards the end of the page. Also, you will find some lines that are close enough to the video and these lines usually indicates the video standard speed. The video’s slow speed is indicated by the lines that are widely apart.
- After that, if you desire to increase the speed of a specific video, you need to go down and drag toward the bracket bar appearing on the right side of the page. You need to start this from the beginning of the page and bring it till the lines terminate down.
- Finally, all vertical lines are now the same, unlike before. So, at last, for saving down the changes you have made to the video, you need to press the Done tab appearing towards the end of the page.
You may check that your slow-motion movie has changed to regular speed by playing it in the Photos app. Here, you finished the first way.
Reverse Pro Tip on How to Slow Down a Video on iPhone?
Though, sometimes, it happens that just knowing how to speed up a video on iPhone is not enough. You perhaps do need to know the reverse of the same. As some videos do require slow-moving music or instrumental noise. And, at this time knowing how to slow down a video on iPhone becomes necessary.
So, keep aside all your queries, and focus on knowing how to slow down a video on iPhone, as it will automatically give answers to all your questions at one stop. iMovie I don’t think needs any introduction, especially since it’s likely already installed on your iPhone.
It is in fact a built-in feature provided in all the iOS devices for ease to use for their Apple users. And, this is the one that completely suits your requirements. Being a complete video editor, it may seem like an “overkill” solution to do a simple operation like slowing down videos; yet, it’s highly effective and completely free, so why not use it?
Open the iMovie Software
However, to slow down a movie with iMovie on an iPhone, firstly, you will be required to open the software (if you have removed it. For this, open the Play Store app and look for the iMovie video editor and creator app. Now, scroll down to the list, and by clicking on it download the app and install it on your phone.
Now, press the symbol [+] that appears in the box and start editing a new video, Then, select Footage as the kind of project.
Open your iPhone Gallery
After that, allow the program to access the iPhone gallery if necessary, and then select the movie to slow down by ticking the relative miniature. After that, go to the bottom of the page and click the Create film button to get to the iMovie editor.
Now, the question is if you desire to slow down only a specific part of the video while keeping the rest of the part the same, you will be required to move the indicator or the pointer toward the timeline zone. This is to be dragged and brought towards the segment or the timeline that you desire to slow down.
And, thereby, you need to click on the miniature of the video. And, then, you drag and bring the scissor towards the portion of the segment you ought to slow and touch on the icon showing Divide. turn on the scissors using the icon at the bottom left, and touch the item Divide.
Changing the Indicator
After that, change the indication on the timeline at the scene’s endpoint to slow it down and repeat the procedure outlined above.
Choosing the Thumbnail Option
In the next step, you need to choose the thumbnail of the segment you ought to slow down and then tap on the stopwatch. Now, you will be required to use the adjustment bar for adjusting the video. This adjustment bar can be seen near the left side of the video you ought to slow down.
Change the Speed of Video
Now, in this step, if you desire to modify the video speed, you need to select the right thumbnail you feel is suitable for your video clip. Now, click on the stopwatch button and move to the last step.
See the Preview of the Video
Press the button below the video to see a preview of the final outcome. To save the video to your iPhone’s gallery, tap the item end (upper left), then the share symbol (the square with the arrow within), and select the choice. Save video from the option that appears, then choose the resolution for exporting everything.
Alternative: Use Free Third-Party Apps for Speeding up Videos on iPhone
However, you do have the option of using any third-party apps for speeding up the videos either in 2x speed or any other required speed depending on your demand.
Here, I have highlighted only the three best and most well-known apps that are completely free and can be used in any iOS series and comes with easy execute instructions. So, come move down to the section for knowing each of the third-party apps for creating a video you desire.
FilmoraGo is a simple video editing application. With an easy UI and extensive editing functions, it can allow you to swiftly speed up or generate slow-motion films and share them immediately on Facebook, Instagram, or YouTube.
You may use it to add text effects, stickers effects, audio effects, PIP effects, and more to your movie in addition to modifying the speed.
- It includes both simple and advanced editing features, such as dividing, cutting, and rotating video, changing video speed, reversing video, and PIP, among others.
- Here, you can simply modify movies and add music, text, and stickers.
- It enables you to create videos/photos on the canvas while blurring or adjusting the background color.
Videoshop: Video Editor
Videoshop is yet another simple video editing app for iPhone. All fundamental video editing operations, such as cutting and merging video clips, do not necessitate expert video editing abilities. The program also allows you to create stop motion videos and voiceovers, as well as a wide range of audio effects.
Increasing or decreasing the playback speed of a video takes only a few minutes, allowing you to share fast or slow-motion films on social media just minutes after recording them.
You may also use Videoshop to reverse your videos, but you should be aware that if you try to conduct a complex video editing activity, the software may crash.
- It’s simple to make slow-motion or fast-motion videos with Videoshop.
- It comes with video recording with stop motion capability.
- It allows the users can reverse their videos.
- It provides several animated titles.
KineMaster is regarded as one of the top video editing tools that work well on both your Apple device as well as Android devices. As a result, it’s not unexpected that the program has excellent capabilities for creating slow-motion videos and time-lapses.
It comes with some attractive audio editing features that help the users to adjust their original video or the recording. As a result, you can produce the video clip in the way you desire, by either speeding it up or reducing the speed.
It also comes with the facility of either editing or exporting the video clips in 4x resolution speed. However, you need to be careful and cautious as each and every video you make in Kinemaster is presented in watermarked format.
- It allows a feature with which you can control the video playback speed.
- It provides tools for advanced audio editing.
- Here, you can view a large number of filters and visual effects.
- It comes with outstanding file-sharing skills.
1. Can I increase the speed of videos on my iPhone beyond 2X?
Ans. You certainly can. Although the built-in video editor, iMovie, can only speed up iPhone videos by 2X, you can utilize the editor apps provided to assist you.
2. If you speed up a video will the quality of the clip will get affected?
Ans. The answer to this is NO. The quality of the video clip will not get affected if you export the accelerated video in its original or older form. To speed up iPhone videos while maintaining great quality, the best option is to use iMovie or any other well-known and trusted apps.
3. How can I use the Photos app on my iPhone to speed up a video?
Ans. For this, you will need to first open the Photos app, and search for the video clip you wish to speed up. Now, you will require to click on the Edit button blinking on the upper side of the screen. Then you can easily alter the speed by dragging the lines. Then, to save the videos, tap the Done button.
- How to Reverse a Video on iPhone
- How to Combine Videos on iPhone?
- How to Screenshot a Video on iPhone?
- How to Pause Video Recordings on iPhone?
- How Long Can You Screen Record on iPhone?
Two of the simplest approaches for “How to Speed Up a video on iPhone?” are covered in this blog. Together with this, I also covered “How to slow down a video on iPhone?”
While iMovie can successfully fast forward videos as well as slow down the speed of the video on your iPhone. However, you do have the option of using some well-known third-party apps like Videoshop: Video Editor, KineMaster, and FilmoraGo
However, if you use either iMovie or any other third-party apps both will make your videos turn into compelling content. If you want to learn more about iPhone and iPad apps, look into our comparable tips and tricks.