Are you looking for the best way to Delete Photo Albums on iPhone? There may come a moment when you want to delete entire albums rather than just photographs from the Photos app.
Perhaps you have albums containing photographs for work that you no longer require, screenshots that are no longer relevant, or wallpapers that you no longer desire. There’s no reason to keep them, so clean them up and dispose of them.
Here’s “how to delete photo albums on iPhone” or “how to remove albums from iPhone” easily and simply.
Why is it Necessary to Delete Photo Albums on iPhone?
Table of Contents
Some third-party apps build picture albums of the images you share within the app on your iPhone. This is usually observed in some of the well-established social platforms like Instagram and Twitter.
Because images are huge files, the albums made by these programs might take up a lot of storage space. The more images you upload to these applications, the bigger the albums get, and the less storage space you have on your iPhone.
Deleting albums is an excellent method to clean up your Photos library and free up some storage space! Further, keep on reading the blog to get into the detail of how to delete an album on iPhone 11, 12, 13, or other newer models.
How to Delete Photo Albums on iPhone?
The iPhone’s Photos app makes it simple to create, organize, and remove albums. Additionally, from the album-editing screen, you can delete numerous albums at once.
When you delete a picture album, it does not destroy any of the photos contained within it. The photographs will be available in the Recents album and other collections in the future.
- At first, you need to open and browse the “Photos” application and go directly to the Albums menu list on your iPhone to begin the further run-down process.
- Now, as you move to the Albums list you can view all your photos under the section called “My Albums” visible on the upmost side of the App.
- After that towards the right side of the browser, you can view the “See All” button, and on finding it press it.
- Next, all your albums will be visible on the screen in a square-like grid. So, simply click on the right-sie of the screen where you will find the “Edit” button.
- Then, the Album-editing mode, which is identical to the Home screen editing option, is now active. Further, you get the option of reorganizing all the albums either by dragging or dropping the photos on the browser.
- In the next step, you need to click on the red “-” icon visible towards the top-left side of the album folder and click on the photo you wish to erase.
- Then, you need to confirm the operation by instantly pressing the “Delete Album” icon luring on the pop-up page of the screen. However, you need to know that except for the “Recents” and “Favorites” albums you are free to erase any album you wish to delete.
- Tap on Done.
- Finally, with this, you will be able to notice that the Album gets directly deleted from the My Albums folder, once you initiate or implement the process.
So, here I explained the steps that you can easily execute on your iPhone and know how to delete photo albums on iPhone or how to delete photo albums on iPhone 11, 12, or any other newer iOS models to date.
At last, once you are finished with the execution of the process, you need to click on the “Done” button to directly return to the album list of the folder.
Top 4 Reasons Why You are Unable to Delete Photo Albums on iPhone
Sometimes, you are unable to erase or delete some photos from the album folder. You won’t be able to delete the following items:
- The Camera Roll on your iPhone.
- Albums that the iPhone will instantly and automatically create while you’re operating the folder like People & Places albums.
- Albums of various media types (Videos, panoramas, etc.).
- iTunes was used to sync albums from your PC.
You can erase iPhone albums that were synced from your computer, but you’ll have to do so using iTunes. Thus, knowing the reason behind being unable to delete the albums is important to know well on iPhone how to delete albums.
Alternative Trick: How to Delete iTunes-Synced Albums on iPhone
Using a Lightning cable, connect your iPhone to your computer and launch iTunes. Then, towards the upper left-hand corner of iTunes, click the iPhone symbol, then Photos. After that, select the circle next to Selected Albums, then select the albums you want to listen to on your iPhone.
So, with this, any album that you have chosen to be deleted will automatically be removed. Once, you are done with the selection of the albums or the list of the photos that you wish to delete you need to sync the iPhone.
After that, you need to go to the end of the right side of the page and click the know the Apply icon visible on the screen. Through the instructions, you can instantly sync your iPhone to the iTunes application.
After that, you need to press the Done button visible at the bottom of the page, once you complete the syncing process at the earliest. This alternative trick will help you in knowing how to delete photo albums on iPhone very easily.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. I removed the photos all from the Album, still, my iPhone storage is showing full?
Ans. At first, all content and settings must be Reset. If you still don’t have enough space on your iPhone after deleting photographs and movies, your iPhone settings may be corrupted. Further, you need to back up all the folders and the applications using either iCloud or iTunes if this persists.
2. In Apple Photos, how can I delete a folder?
Ans. Firstly, click My Albums or the arrow next to My Albums in the sidebar of the Photos program on your Mac. After that, control-click the folder you wish to delete, then select Delete Folder from the menu that appears. To confirm, click Delete.
3. What will happen if I disable iCloud photos?
Ans. If you disable the iCloud Photo Library, photos that weren’t taken on your iPhone will be deleted. If you want to disable iCloud Photo Library but maintain your Camera Roll, follow these steps to ensure that your current iCloud images aren’t deleted.
4. Is it true that removing images from an iPhone deletes them from iCloud?
Ans. You need to be aware that once you delete a specific photo or the video from the Photos application either on the iPhone or the iPod, it gets completely erased from the iCloud Photos. Even, the same folder gets deleted from any other devices if you have signed it using the iCloud Photos.
- Rename Photos on iPhone
- Combine Photos on iPhone
- Unblur an Image on iPhone
- Get Grid on iPhone
- Convert Photo to PDF on iPhone
- Delete Google Photos without deleting from Phone
- How Many Photos Can You Airdrop at Once?
- How to Invert a Picture on iPhone?
- How to Send Photos as Document in Whatsapp in iPhone?
Albums, farewell! You’ve cleared up some space on your iPhone by deleting some of your iPhone albums.
So, forward the article to the social networking sites and even with your closed once and help them know how do you delete photo albums on iPhone. Leave any more questions concerning your iPhone in the comments area below.