Are you also among them who are searching to know how do I turn up the speaker volume on my iPhone? Wait, let me say you that you are truly in the right direction. Here are two methods on How to Turn on Speaker on iPhone✅✅✅.
If you see around, all iPhone calls play audio via a standard earpiece at the top of the phone by default. And, if someone wants to utilize a loudspeaker, they must manually enable it by clicking on the “Speaker” button while on the phone.
While this may be the intended result for most users, some users may want to receive and make all phone calls with loudspeakers active by default. Instead of needing to manually activate it by clicking the Speaker button every time, you may do so now.
That’s what I thought why not? You plunge the blog here and know how to turn on speaker on iPhones. And, also make it the default audio setting for both incoming and outgoing phone conversations, as well as FaceTime Audio calls. I must say this is a terrific accessibility feature and works even on how to turn on speaker on iPhone 12 during a call!
How to Turn on Speaker on iPhone? How to Increase Speaker Volume?
Table of Contents
Here, we have explained two easy and simple ways for ‘How to turn on speaker on iPhone?’ Following the mentioned ways, you can certainly know how to increase call volume in iPhone. So, why not? You move ahead and know the two ways for turning on your iPhone speakers.
Way 1: During a Call, How do You Put your iPhone on Speaker?
Below the steps are given for how to increase speaker volume on iPhone during a call. As a result, adhere to the following guidelines:
- To begin, tap the “Phone” icon at the bottom of the Home screen.
- The second step is that you need to go to the bottom of the screen and choose the “Contacts” option. Thereby, you can navigate to the person you wish to call.
- In the third step, to make a phone call, tap the contact’s name. Then, eventually, tap the number.
- Alternatively, you may enter a phone number on the keyboard and then hit the “Call” button.
- Eventually, when it displays in the fourth step, you need to tap the speaker symbol. This speaker icon is displayed in the top-right corner of your iPhone’s calling choices.
- In the calling options box, you’ll find three options being displayed, namely, a mute button, a hold button, and an access button for your contacts. When pressed, the speaker symbol glows blue and resembles a speaker with sound waves flowing from it.
- In the sixth step, to increase or decrease the speaker level, press the volume keys on the phone’s left side.
- Finally, to turn off the speaker hit the speaker symbol again, or tap “End” to end the call.
That’s all! And, now you can by following the mentioned steps easily know how to put iPhone on speaker during a call.
Way 2: How Can You Put an iPhone on Speaker for all Calls?
Below the steps are given for how to make your iPhone speaker louder for all calls. As a result, adhere to the following guidelines:
- The first thing you need to do is open your iPhone’s Settings app. As you open the Settings app icon, you will see the sequence of gears on a grey box, on seeing the option, you need to click on it.
- After that, directly go to the downside of the page. You must then select the General option at the bottom of the page. Because it’s at the top of the page, you should just have to scroll down a little. This will ultimately take you to the website’s General page area of the screen.(You can skip this if you are using iOS 15 or above)
- The third step is to pick the Accessibility option appearing on the screen. This option may, however, be displayed near the bottom of your device’s screen.
- In the fourth step, you need to scroll down to Call Audio Routing and press it. This option is perhaps visible at bottom of the page of your screen. To put it another way, it’s near the bottom of the second big set of choices.
- The Speaker button must be pressed in the next step. This option is usually found towards the downside of your screen. In other words, you will find the option near the “Call Audio Routing” section.
- A checkmark should appear to the left of Speaker, indicating that it is now the default call audio choice.
- Lastly, all incoming and outgoing calls will use the speaker if this option is enabled. You may switch off the sound during the call by touching the speaker button.
That concludes our discussion. And, now you can by following the mentioned steps know how to increase call volume in iPhone easily for all calls.
How do Make Sure your Speakers are Working or Not?
How can you tell if the issue is with your speakers (which is very probably a hardware issue) or the volume? Before we go over some fundamentals, use this simple speaker test to figure out where the problem is.
Here, we have explained 2 easy ways for checking how to make your speaker louder on iPhone and know whether your speakers are working properly or not:
Method 1: Connect your Headphones by Plugging or Pairing
Firstly, you need to connect your headphones by either plugging them in or pairing them with your phone via Bluetooth. However, it is to say that if you hear music through them, but, you aren’t able to hear when you detach them, then it can be assumed that your speakers are faulty at a point. However, you can ensure this by following two methods:
1. First Method
The first method is to examine the symbols displayed on your volume bar. For this, you need to once disconnect your headphones. Then you need to go to the Settings option, and thereby select Sounds & Haptics from the screen. However, iPhone 6s and earlier, you will find only the Sound option.
However, it is to say that by using the buttons appearing on the left side of your screen, you can easily change the volume of your speaker. Instead of always pressing the media volume.
2. Second Method
Secondly, increase the volume with those buttons, and one of three symbols will emerge. However, the ringer option appears like a speaker and indicates that currently no device is connected. On the other hand, the Bluetooth option appears like a symbol that indicates that a device is still connected to it.
However, if you find something hidden inside the headphone jack, you will need to recheck it. Also, you’ll need to clean it in this instance if you find it.
Method 2: Try to Play Music in Music App
Secondly, start playing music in the Music app and then tap the AirDrop sign in the bottom-center of the screen. This will reveal the location of the music. In this way, you can certainly know where the problem is and you can even fix the issue.
Top 5 Ways for Fixing your iPhone Speakers
Sometimes, you may notice that your iPhone speaker isn’t functioning properly, or does not produce good quality of sound. For this, you need to troubleshoot your problem by following the steps underlined. In this way, you can make your speakers operate again.
1. Examine your Speakers’ Volume Levels.
Three buttons are displayed namely the ringer/mute switch, as well as two volume buttons, that are located on the side of every iPhone. Apparently, if you see the ringer/mute switch silences all incoming and outgoing calls and alerts. On the other hand, the volume buttons appearing on the screen control the device’s total volume.
Now, for this, you need to toggle the ringer switch to get your iPhone speakers operating again. However, sometimes, you do might need to flip it down until the orange underlays spring up, and as the orange lines spring up, immediately flip it up. Also, turn up the phone’s volume as high as it will go.
2. Check to see if your iPhone is in Headphone Mode.
The iPhone can only output audio to one location at a time. Your iPhone speakers may be fine, but they’re locked in headphone mode. This is a bug in which the iPhone sends audio to the headphones even when they aren’t connected in.
3. Bluetooth should be Turned Off.
When audio is delivered from the iPhone to another device, the iPhone speaker is unable to play noises. In that case, usually what happens is your speakers will not be able to produce any sound. This is so because your other speaker, such as a Bluetooth speaker, is receiving audio from the device.
If this is the case, shutting off Bluetooth disconnects the speaker from the iPhone and resumes audio playback through the iPhone speaker. However, if this occurs you will need to go to the Settings, and thereby select the Bluetooth option. And, you need to deactivate the Bluetooth option by turning off the Bluetooth toggle switch.
4. Make sure your Audio Output is Set Correctly.
You may not be aware that your iPhone is connected to an external speaker through AirPlay. In this case, to get the sound via the iPhone speaker, you will need to change the audio output options to something other than AirPlay. And, thereby you will need to reconnect it with your iPhone speaker.
To do so, open Control Center and pick the AirPlay symbol in the upper-right corner of the music control. If it hasn’t already been chosen, choose iPhone.
5. Restart the iPhone if Necessary.
If nothing else has occurred, this may not cure the problem. However, still, this method is easy and quick, and restarting the iPhone can perhaps repair the problem. However, there could be another reason your iPhone’s speakers aren’t working properly. Or perhaps there might be a software glitch in your system. If this is the case, restarting it may resolve the issue.
1. What are the options for changing the sound settings on my iPhone?
Ans. The option for changing the sound settings on an iPhone is to follow the following steps given as under:
- Firstly, go to “General” in the iPhone’s “Settings” app, then “Accessibility.”
- Secondly, tap on “Call Audio Routing” in the Interaction settings.
- Finally, to make speakerphone the default for all calls made to and from the iPhone, change the option from “Automatic” (the default) to “Speaker.”
2. Why isn’t my iPhone’s speaker working when I’m on the phone?
Ans. There can be various reasons for your iPhone speakers not working on all calls. Here, we have highlighted the top two reasons for knowing why are iPhone speakers are not working properly. So, what’s stopping you? You already know why:
- To begin, check sure the speaker is free of debris. Speakers can get dusty or obstructed over time, necessitating a thorough cleaning to restore sound quality.
- Secondly, you can turn off the phone and remove the battery before cleaning the speaker. Also, for this, you can blow short bursts of compressed air into the speaker to check whether your speaker is working properly or not. However, a can of compressed air can be used for this as well.
In this way, you can certainly fix your iPhone speakers.
3. How do you make your iPhone speakers louder?
Ans. Here, we have explained an easy and effective way for increasing the volume of your iPhone speakers. For this, you need to place your speakers on a more conductive surface. This a quite a simple solution. As soon as you place your speakers on a conductive surface, the Vibrations are carried further by wood or metal.
It might also assist if you put your device in a bowl. A curve like this functions similarly to human ears. In the same way, don’t put your iPhone on something that absorbs vibrations, such as paper.
4. Why can’t I put my iPhone on speaker mode when on the phone?
Ans. For ensuring that you are unable to put your iPhone speaker mode on you need to make sure your device’s sound is turned on.
For this, you need to slide down the Ringer and Alerts option and then hold it down for a few seconds. Thereafter, click on the Settings of your phone. And, select the Sounds option from the screen for enabling yourself to put your iPhone on speaker mode. However, for iPhone with iOS 6 or later, you will need to go to Settings and thereby select the Sounds & Haptics option.
Still, if the problem persists and you are not able to hear anything from the speaker, or if the speaker button on the Ringer and Alerts option gets darkened, it’s possible that your speaker may need to be fixed.
5. Is it possible to use my iPhone as a speaker?
Ans. The iPhone may be used as a remote speaker for playing audio straight from your computer using a Wi-Fi network and a third-party application software called a speaker. So, turn your iPhone into a mobile speaker for your PC by using a speaker.
6. What is the procedure for turning off the speaker on my iPhone?
Ans. You may revert to regular phone mode by turning this off, which will lessen the loudness of the sound from your iPhone speakers.
However, for turning off the iPhone’s speaker, you can follow the underlined instructions:
- Firstly, you need to tap the Settings icon. This needs to be tapped after you unlock your iPhone.
- Secondly, you need to scroll down towards the bottom menu of your device. And, thereby you need to select the General option appearing on the screen.
- Lastly, you need to scroll to the bottom of the page. And thereby select the Accessibility option.
Finally, by following the above-mentioned steps, you will be able to switch off your speakers as and when required by you.
- How to Turn Off RTT on iPhone
- How to Turn Off Auto Caps on iPhone
- How to Right Click on iPhone
- How to Turn Off Airplay on iPhone?
- How to Turn Off SafeSearch on iPhone?
- How to Add Words to iPhone Dictionary?
Summing up it is to say that turning on your iPhone speakers is easy, but, just, you need to plunge through the right blog. Here, you not only found the 2 easy ways for ‘how to turn on your iPhone speakers?’ but also came to know ‘how to know whether your iPhone speakers are working properly or not?’
Additionally, you found the top 5 ways for fixing your iPhone speakers if they aren’t working properly. I hope I’ve provided you with the solution you needed for turning on your iPhone speakers. Also, I’d hope the blog was the right way for knowing all your questions at the earliest.