Knowing how to add boarding pass to Apple wallet is very beneficial at times. Nowadays, with the growth of modern technologies, day-by-day knowing how to use Internet features and other in-built features of iPhone including how to add boarding pass to apple wallet is getting popular day-by-day.
Traveling by plane is usually a pain. You’ll need to bring a variety of paperwork with you, and you’ll need to show up with different documents at different checkpoints.
Conversely, you might somewhat be annoyed at times when you are messed up with several luggage and documents piled up. It’s even worse if you’re traveling with a group of 4-5 people and you’re the one carrying the tickets and boarding pass.
So, here I will be talking all about the 2 ways how to add boarding pass to Apple Wallet.
How to Add Boarding Pass to Apple Wallet? Here are 2 Methods
Table of Contents
Thankfully, Apple has included a software function that allows you to save your boarding pass to your phone, which you can then show at airport checkpoints.
You can use the Apple wallet to present the digital version of your flight’s boarding pass on your phone instead of digging through your bags for the boarding pass. The steps for adding the boarding pass and viewing the boarding pass on your iPhone are outlined below.
Method 1: Using an Airline’s App to Add Boarding Pass to Apple Wallet
If you don’t want to rely solely on Apple’s iOS, you may also utilize the airline’s default app to display your flight’s boarding pass. So, first thing first, you need to download an application named Airlines directly from the App store of your iOS device.
Next, you are required to check all your flight details and thereby you are called on to retrieve the information of your boarding pass instantly to the application itself.
Using the airline’s app, follow the instructions to add boarding pass to Apple Wallet.
- In the first step, you need to open the application of the particular Airline that you have downloaded and install on your device.
- Now, in the next step, you need to view and open the details of the trip, your all valid credentials will get opened by it. Then, you need to sign up for your reservation account using all the flight confirmation numbers and names that you logged into.
- In the next step, register for your flight. Here, you will instantly be moved to the boarding pass chart where you need to approve all your details and start to check in.
- After that, once you checked in, you will find an icon like “Add to Apple Wallet”. It should be tapped.
- Now, you’ll be prompted to confirm the addition. “Add” should be tapped.
- Then, it’ll appear in your Apple Wallet now.
- At last, once you are on the time of your scheduled flight, you will directly access the boarding pass through the application installed on your phone.
Method 2: Using Apple Mail to Add Boarding Pass to Apple Wallet
If you use Apple Mail, you’ll have the added convenience of having the application identify the boarding pass and automatically add it to your wallet.
Sometimes, it happens that the device is unable to recognize the instructions appearing on the screen and as such, it becomes unable to add the boarding pass instantly.
For this, it is suggested to manually add boarding pass to Apple wallet. So, follow the guidelines below to know how you can easily add the boarding pass to your wallet.
- In the first step, use the airline’s website or an app to check-in for your flight.
- Now, in the next step, you need to check online on the browser to ensure that the service provider of the boarding pass has mailed you the pass.
- After that, your iPhone should automatically add it to your Wallet if the airline sends it to your Apple email address.
- Now, if not, or if you sent it to a different email address, read the checked-in email on your iPhone and open the attachment at the bottom.
- In the next step, from the attachment, select “Add to Apple Wallet.”
- Finally, you’ll be asked to confirm your desire to add it. “Add” should be tapped.
Here, you will see the list of all the boarding pass that you have opened or viewed till now in your Apple Wallet. Ensure that the relevant option is chosen. Past boarding passes, on the other hand, will remain in your Wallet till you erase them.
Alternative Tip: How you can Share your Boarding Pass?
For instance, if you are going on a trip with your close friend or with your family and you want to share your boarding pass with any of them, then you can do it quickly and conveniently using the Apple wallet.
Once you’ve uploaded the boarding pass or ticket to your Apple Wallet, you can use the tutorial below to figure out how to distribute it.
- To begin with, you need to go to the Apple Wallet application and click to download the application on the device.
- In the next step, find the boarding pass or ticket you want to share and tap it.
- Now, press the “More” button.
- Finally, you will be able to view a share icon visible under the More options tab appearing on the page. And, you just need to scroll to the page and open the Share sheet to share the boarding pass with as many people as you desire.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is it possible to store a boarding pass in Apple Wallet?
Ans. In the first step, open the app, email, notice, or another message in which your boarding pass, ticket, or other pass is contained. After that, you need to add the Apple Wallet by pressing the Add to Apple Wallet button appearing on the taskbar. At last, follow the on-screen directions.
2. What kinds of things can I store in my Wallet app?
Ans. With this, you can large variety of files or data like loyalty cards, boarding passes, event tickets, and much more. So, wisely choose which card or pass you’d like to renew.
3. Is it safe to use an Apple Wallet on a regular basis?
Ans. Conversely, it can be seen that Apple Pay is a simplified and secure version to pay any sum of money rather than using other online payment methods like your physical credit card or debit card, including the prepaid card.
Moreover, it is specifically designed with much security hand-in-hand in mind. This, also ensures that all your transactions are safely bound. As it ensures that the tide security inherent to both your hardware and the software applications.
- How to Change Language on iPhone?
- How to Make Keyboard Bigger on iPhone?
- How to Calibrate iPhone Screen?
- How To Control F on iPhone and iPad?
- How to Make Hotspot Faster iPhone?
- How to Split Screen on iPhone?
Hoping that the blog on how to add boarding pass to Apple Wallet was quite useful to you.
Also, having your boarding card on your mobile device is a very natural and simple way to arrive at airports, as less paper means less fuss, which is something that every airport and airline should follow and make the check-in procedure totally digital.