Do you keep receiving unknown calls like spam calls? and are searching for a method to know how to stop calls on iPhone without blocking them?
So, not to worry! Yes, it is quite simple and easy to implement how to stop receiving calls on iPhone without blocking at a single click away.
How to Stop Calls on iPhone Without Blocking? Top 5 Methods
Table of Contents
The iPhone has an unusual function called focus mode. There are two features on your iPhone the “Do Not Disturb” and the next “Focus” visible on the Focus mode on the Settings page to easily help you in stopping receiving unknown calls on your iPhone without blocking.
You can, fortunately, only allow your favorites to phone you. Apple introduced Focus mode to help you limit distractions by adjusting your notification settings and filtering your texts and calls.
As a result, adopting the Focus mode to ignore calls without blocking them will be quite beneficial. Third-party programs may also assist you in blocking spammers who have been identified by a large number of users.
Some of these techniques are discussed and explained in further detail to know how to ignore calls on iPhone without blocking them.
Way 1: Use a Ringtone that isn’t Audible or Quiet
Setting your phone to quiet will prevent you from accepting calls from people who are obstructing the caller. By this, your iPhone will stop ringing, however, you will continue to receive the calls with a silent ringtone.
So, let’s know first how to implement the turn of the ringtone feature on your iPhone:
- At first, you are required to go to the Settings of the application and click on the “Sound & Haptics” button visible beneath it.
- In the second step, you need to choose the Ringtone and press the Tone Store from the drop-down slider of the page.
- After that type “Silent Ringtone” into the search box and pick one of the results to use as a ringtone.
Way 2: Turn on the “Do Not Disturb” Setting on your iPhone
The “Do Not Disturb” mode on your iOS allows you to turn off directly all your unimportant call alert notifications from displaying on the screen. Calls and alarms will continue to be received on the phone, but no one will be notified.
As a result of this, you can simply end the call without being blocked by the user. Perform the following steps to enable DND mode:
- At first, the window labeled “Control Center” should be visible.
- After that, the crescent symbol must be chosen.
- Next, you are required to press the “Do Not Disturb” visible in the Settings of the application on the phone.
- Then, select “Allow Calls From” in the “Phone” column. It should be set to “Nobody.”
Way 3: Modify the Network Mode
Changing the network mode on your phone is another useful approach for making it unreachable. By default, your smartphone automatically selects the best available network and the strongest network.
However, you can choose the network manually, and if you choose a network that is not available, your phone number will become unreachable.
- To enable these tactics to make your phone unreachable, go to your device’s Settings, then click Network Settings, and then choose ‘Manual’ under Network Selection.
- In the next step, because of the previous settings, the phone number will automatically become unreachable at the moment.
- Then, return to the same setting and select the working network to begin accepting calls.
Way 4: Enable the “Call Forwarding” feature on your iPhone
Call forwarding is a feature on the iOS phone that enables the users to directly divert the call to another phone number on the screen. As a result of this, if anyone tries to make a call, their calls will directly be forwarded to another number at the time.
By this, you can easily prevent yourself from receiving the calls without the need to block the contacts on the phone. Further, call forwarding can be disabled at any time on the phone. Let’s look at the steps to quickly follow the call forwarding on the iPhone:
- At first, you need to go to the Settings of the application and click on the Phone icon visible on the page.
- In the next step, under the “Calls” section, tap “Call Forwarding.”
- After that, toggle “Call Forwarding” on or off.
- Now, under “Forwarding To,” enter the forwarding number.
Way 5: Activate the Airplane Mode
Airplane mode disconnects you from the internet and prevents you from connecting to any networks. With this, all the SIM cards are signaled and the network protocols are prohibited with this mode.
Calls will not go through if airplane mode is enabled, and callers will receive a “user unavailable” warning instead of having to ban the caller.
- Firstly, you are required to activate or enable the airplane mode on your iOS by simply pressing the Settings of the applications and clicking the General icon and then the Airplane Mode.
- In the next step, the “Control Center” should be open.
- After that, the “Airplane” symbol should be tapped.
- Now, all WiFi and SIM signals will be lost as soon as you go to airplane mode.
So, here I end up the blog by giving you the five most simple ways that can help you to know how to stop someone from calling you without blocking them on your iPhone in a simple manner.
Alternative Tip: On my iPhone, How do I Temporarily Restrict Incoming Calls?
To temporarily restrict the calls, you are required to enable the “Do Not Disturb” mode on your iPhone to prevent incoming calls. However, DND does not effectively stop phone calls, but it does prevent you from receiving call notifications.
With this, you will receive messages or calls, but you will not know about it. Also, you will receive all the call alert notifications and you will be unaware of it due to DND mode. Now, go to the section above labeled “Turn on Do Not Disturb” to enable it.
Conversely, you also need to know that the DND can be enabled even for a specific period on iOS. For this, you need to:
- In the central controller, press and hold the crescent icon.
- And, select one of the time restriction options from the drop-down menu.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I turn off calls while still using data?
Ans. Firstly, you need to enable the mobile data on your iOS and instantly switch to the Airplane mode by sliding the bar. Once you’ve done that, dial *#*#4636#*#* into your phone’s dialer.
This will reveal a hidden menu containing facts and data about mobile phones. From there, go to Phone Information and enable Mobile Radio Tower.
2. Is there a Do Not Disturb mode on the iPhone?
Ans. At first, go to Do Not Disturb > Settings. Set a schedule by turning on Scheduled. When you want to receive alerts, calls, and notifications, select the following options: Calls and alerts can be silenced at any time or only while the device is locked.
3. Is it possible to mute calls on an iPhone?
Ans. For this, you need to click on the volume buttons visible on the right side of the phone towards the power on/off button.
Alternatively, you can swipe down on the call banner and then do one of the following: Mute: Toggle the mute switch. After that put the call on hold and then touch and hold down the mute button simultaneously.
- How to See Blocked Messages on iPhone?
- How to See Missed Calls from Blocked Numbers on iPhone?
- How to Block Caller ID on iPhone?
- Message blocking is active on iPhone
- How to Withhold Number on iPhone?
- How to Put Someone on Hold on iPhone?
- How to Unsilence Calls on iPhone?
- How to Block Adult Websites on My iPhone?
Sometimes, it gets quite annoying and breaks through if you get interrupted calls from unknown numbers and another relative, whom you don’t want to block as either.
Thus, the only way is to enable the Focus mode on your iPhone and watch the call without answering and blocking. Then select the contacts you wish to ignore and turn on the mode. Because putting down the unknown callers on hold for a minute will save your save and energy.
Further, there are some well-known third-party apps like Truecaller that can eventually help you in identifying the spam calls and block them instantly. So, today, I talked about how to stop calls on iPhone without blocking them instantly.