Are you also among them who continuously keep thinking about how to view blocked messages on iPhone? Or searching several ways out there to know how to find blocked messages on iPhone?
However, I must say your wait is over. Yes! You are right. Today I am with a blog where you can easily know the ways how to see blocked messages on iPhone with ease!
So, what are you waiting for? Come let’s dive down the blog and know all about how to check blocked messages on iPhone, also know how to unblock a person and how you can easily retrieve the blocked messages on your smartphone without any difficulty.
How can I see my iPhone’s Blocked Messages?
Table of Contents
Let’s say someone is sending you a lot of unpleasant text messages, and you decide to block that person for your safety. Is it still possible to find blocked messages or can you see blocked messages on iPhone?
The answer is yes if you want to see the past communications on your iPhone that lead to you blocking him or her. If you haven’t already removed them, launch the messaging app, select ‘More / Archived,’ and all the messages that have been blocked or archived will appear in that folder. You can also recover deleted messages if you erased them before blocking a phone number.
On the other hand, you won’t be able to access any messages that may have been sent to you after you’ve blocked someone (and before you decide whether or not to unblock them if you do). If you block a contact, his or her communications will be lost in the ether rather than forwarded to you.
There is no blocked folder, like there is on Android phones, for keeping texts from blocked numbers. You must unblock them and just ask them to resend the messages to your iPhone if you want to see the texts they have sent you. So, come let us know the steps for unblocking someone for knowing how to see blocked text messages on iPhone?
Steps for Unblocking Someone from View Text Messages
Don’t worry if you accidentally blocked someone on your iPhone; you may quickly unblock the number or contact. By unblocking the person you can know how to look at blocked messages on iPhone easily and quickly. So, come know how to unblock and look at the text messages:
- At first, unlock your device and look for the Settings icon on the page. After finding the Settings option, scroll down to look for a Phone on your device.
- Secondly, “Phone” is the first option, followed by “Call Blocking & Identification.”
- Thirdly, scroll down and hit “Blocked Contacts,” where you’ll discover a list of all your iPhone’s blocked numbers.
- The next step is to choose the contact you wish to unblock and touch “Edit”.
- Then hit the minus sign and “Unblock” to remove the number from your blocked contacts list.
- Lastly, then, for FaceTime, texts, and voice, this number will be unblocked.
That’s all! And, by unblocking the person you’ve moved a step forward in knowing how to see texts from a blocked number on iPhone.
Ways to View Blocked Messages
If you want to see the old messages you got before blocking a number and you haven’t removed them, simply open the iPhone messaging app and select ‘More / Archived’. All of the communications that have been blocked or archived will be found there.
You must first retrieve past messages that you have erased to read them. However, there is no method to retrieve restricted texts on iPhone, as we previously said. Still, you may retrieve lost text messages from your iPhone before blocking the number with the use of a third-party data recovery app.
Now if you see there various third-party apps for retrieving old iPhone texts that have been erased. All of the methods for retrieving deleted blocked text messages on the iPhone are listed here.
The ways listed under are applicable for every modern and prior version released by the Apple corporates, including whether it be the iOS 11, 12, or 13 models. So, why not? You dive down and come to know how do you see blocked messages on iPhone.
Text Messages that have been Blocked can be Recovered from an iTunes Backup.
There’s good news! If you’ve been routinely backing up your data, it’s simple to recover lost texts from a phone number you’ve subsequently blacklisted. Kindly, follow the steps given under:
- First thing first, unlock your iPhone, look for the TunesKit iPhone Data Recovery app on your computer. After finding the app on your device, use a USB cable. With the USB cable try to connect your iPhone to the desktop. Now, after connecting look for the app on your screen.
- Secondly, to review your data, press ‘Scan’ and then pick ‘Messages’ from the left column.
- Finally, trace down the accidentally deleted messages on your device. After, finding the messages, look for the Recover option on the screen.
- After clicking on the Recover option, you can easily restore or do the back up the deleted messages on your desktop.
Text Messages that have been Blocked can be Recovered from an iCloud Backup.
You may also use iCloud to retrieve your backed-up files. As you can see in the steps below, the stages are quite simple: Text messages that have been blocked can be recovered from an iCloud backup.
- The first step is that you need to open TunesKit iOS Data Recovery app on your desktop. Now, after searching for the app, use a USB cable to connect with your iPhone device.
- Next, after connecting the device click on the Recover from iCloud backup option appearing on the screen.
- Thirdly, after clicking on the Recover tab from the screen, you will find a page asking you to enter your Apple ID and password for a careful connection. So, kindly choose the model number and device you own.
- Finally, after typing the login credentials, you need to look for the ‘Messages’ column on the page. After finding the Messages tab, kindly select the selected messages, you want to restore. And, then find the Recover tab near it.
- As a result of this, the specific messages you’ve selected will get restored automatically on the desktop.
Gihosoft can help you Recover SMS Messages that have been Blocked.
Gihosoft Free iPhone Data Recovery is a powerful and easy-to-use program for recovering lost items from your iPhone, including messages, contacts, call history, photographs, videos, voicemail, WhatsApp messages, and more.
You may also recover deleted texts from iTunes or iCloud backups using Gihosoft Free iPhone Recovery software (if you have one, of course). This tool or backup procedure is handy and easy to implement if your device gets stolen or lost on your way. And, you are eager to either retrieve or bring the deleted messages or any other important data you own.
So, what you need to do is simply you need to search for ‘View iTunes backup’ or ‘View iCloud backup’ in this scenario on your device.
- Firstly, get Gihosoft and install it on your PC. Make sure you download the correct version of the app since there are two: one for Windows devices and one for Apple systems.
- Secondly, start the app. Choose ‘Messages’ or any other sort of data you want to recover from the drop-down menu. To move ahead with the steps, you need to press the Next option on your screen.
- In the third step, you need to look for a USB cable and thereby look for connecting your iPhone to the desktop. Now, after connection, it will ask for your login credentials.
- So, click on Next to search for your device, and for finding the deleted messages you like to retrieve as soon as the device recognizes your login ID.
- Lastly, after the scan is finished, all recoverable files will be shown and grouped by file type. You’ll be able to preview and retrieve your messages. Now, after finding the deleted messages you need to click on the Recover tab from your screen to recover the messages you want.
Following that, you’ll be able to access the exported folder, which will include all of your recovered data. To access all text data, look for the file called index.html and open it.
iCare Data Recovery can help you Recover SMS Messages that have been Blocked.
The free iCare Data Recovery application is another technique to recover lost texts from blocked or other numbers without a backup. The procedure is outlined below.
- Firstly, plug your iPhone into your computer and run iCare Data Recovery.
- Secondly, select ‘Restore from an iOS device’ and then ‘Scan.’ However, you need to wait until the process of scanning your login credentials gets completely scanned by the device, you are about to operate.
- Thirdly, you need to search for the messages you want to restore, and thereby select the ones by clicking the Recover option on the screen. In this way, the process gets simple and you can easily retrieve the deleted messages on your device.
Blocked Text Messages can be Recovered with EaseUS MobiSaver.
EaseUS MobiSaver is a tool that enables users to easily recover lost data (such as messages, contacts, images, videos, call history, and WhatsApp messages). This application will also assist you in recovering data from an iTunes or iCloud backup, even if your device is missing.
- Firstly, you need to look for the EaseUS MobiSaver app on your computer. So, look for the app down the page, and after finding you will require to upload the app or install it on your device for operating the further steps.
- Secondly, open the software on your computer and plug in your phone.
- Thirdly, you need to look for the Scan option appearing on the screen of your device.
- Lastly, after the scanning procedure is completed, evaluate the data that was discovered. To do so, press the left-hand ‘File type’ button.
- Finally, after selecting the File type option from the screen, and thereby select the messages you desire to restore. After selecting the messages scroll down for the Recover icon on the screen.
- On pressing the Recover option from the screen, the messages that you’ve deleted will be restored and now you can easily view the blocked messages from your device.
In this way, you can easily know how to check blocked messages on iPhone and also can retrieve them easily and simply.
1. Is it possible to recover blocked messages on an iPhone?
Ans. The answer is, unfortunately, no. On your iPhone, you won’t be able to retrieve blocked texts. In other words, you can assume that once you’ve blocked someone from your device, you won’t be able to access wither their phone calls or text messages. Unlike Android phones, you will not find any separate folder where your relevant texts can be found.
However, you will be surprised to know that though you are unable to view the blocked text messages, yet, surprisingly, Apple smartphones do allow you to view blocked text messages. You may, of course, unblock the number and start receiving their SMS again.
Anyways, it’s true that for receiving blocked text messages you first need to unlock them and thereby start receiving the test or phone calls from the person.
2. How do you check if you’ve blocked someone accidentally and unblock them?
Ans. We can accidentally block somebody without realizing it. Follow these steps to see if you’ve blocked someone and if so, how to unblock them:
For messages, type:
- Firstly, go to the settings menu.
- Secondly, select Messages.
- Thirdly, to access Blocked or Blocked Contacts, go to Blocked or Blocked Contacts.
- Lastly, to remove blocked contact from the list, choose them.
3. What is the best way to block contacts on an iPhone?
Ans. Sometimes, some people wish to block the contact number of a person with whom they are not interested in either talking or keeping any relationship. So, as a result, you desire to block the person, Come let’s see the steps for blocking the person you desire:
- Firstly, you need to unlock your device and thereby look for the Settings app on the page.
- Secondly, depending on where you want to block them, tap FaceTime, Messages, or Phone.
- Thirdly, you need to scroll down the contacts you intend to block. And, after selecting look down for the Blocked option on the screen.
- Now, the next step is that after finding the blocked option from the drop-down menu, the tab on the Add New section appears on your screen.
- Finally, to complete the process, tap Done.
4. Is there a folder for blocked messages on the iPhone?
Ans. The answer is, unfortunately, no. That is to say that as and when you block a contact number of your device, there is no separate folder for keeping the text messages you receive from the blocked contacts in your iPhone.
So, what happens is that with the numbers that you’ve blocked, you will be unable to either view the phone calls or see even the text messages until the number is blocked on your device.
5. When you’re blocked, can you still see messages?
Ans. Sometimes, people do ask that if you block a particular contact number on your device, will you be able to see the texts send y them. The answer is no. The blocked number can indeed make a phone call to even leave a voicemail, but the thing is that you won’t be able to see any notification flashing on the screen.
In other words, though they can keep continuously sending you messages, the messages won’t be received either way. Additionally, the number blocked on the phone will not be able to know either that he/she has been blocked by the person.
6. Why do block messages continue to be delivered?
Ans. Usually, what happens when you block someone is their text or calls get hidden. In other words, you can assume that the person whom you’ve blocked on your device will in no way be able to know that they have been blocked by the users.
That is you can say that the sent by them will simply be shown that it has been sent, but in reality, it has not been received by the user of the phone, and eventually, it will be lost in the way.
7. When blocked messages are unblocked, do they get delivered?
Ans. No. The ones that were dispatched when they were blocked have vanished. And, when you will unblock the person, you will instantly receive a notification or in other words, an email, notifying you of any text or conversation they sent you.
- How to See Missed Calls from Blocked Number iPhone
- How to Block Emails on iPhone
- How to Leave Voicemails without calling on iPhone
- How to Withhold Number on iPhone
- iPhone How to retrieve deleted contacts
- Message Blocking is Active on iPhone
- How to Stop Calls on iPhone without Blocking?
- How to Block Adult Websites on My iPhone?
Finally, in summing up I’d like to say that the blog must certainly have provided you with a proper understanding of how can I see blocked messages on iPhone with easy and simple steps to get under it. Also, I too have explained that there is no way out there for looking at blocked text messages on your iPhone. And, unblocking the person is only the way out there.
Perhaps, some best or maybe called third-party apps have been mentioned by which you can easily know how do I see blocked messages on iPhone. Hopefully, you liked our blog and must be joyful while taking an insight into it!