Are you looking for How to Block Caller ID on iPhone? Are you also among those who get annoyed when an unknown person keeps continuously calling you? If you see it does happen with everyone. So, here today I will teach you how to block or hide Caller ID on iPhone?
Unwanted phone calls are annoying, and it’s even worse when the caller covers their phone number. Salespeople and realtors appreciate this approach since it allows them to induce unwitting people to answer their phones.
As a result, the receiver at the other end gets annoyed by frequent interruptions in between. If you have an iPhone, there are a few options for preventing nuisance calls from disrupting your day. This post will show you how to prevent these unknown calls on your iPhone in two different methods.
So, come look into the ways for the iPhone block calls from unknown numbers.
What is a Caller ID?
Caller ID is a feature on your iPhone that is used to display the caller’s phone number specifically, all the unblock phone numbers. Together with this, you will also find the person’s name is displayed if the specific person’s name is being stored in your iphone’s memory.
For incoming and/or outgoing calls, other improved Caller ID systems display the name, photo, city, or state: Like, Share Name ID with Call Filter (B2B Only) ID of the company.
Advantages of Blocking or Hiding a Caller ID on iPhone
One of the top benefits of blocking a particular caller ID is that it prevents your phone number is displayed or shown in the Caller ID section, either permanently or temporarily. It’s a completely free service.
Note that you cannot prevent your phone number from being displayed when contacting specific numbers, such as 800 numbers or 911. Caller ID Blocking keeps your phone number private by not revealing it to the people you call.
2 Top Methods to Hide or Block Caller ID on iPhone
Here, there are two ways usually followed by every user to block unknown call on iPhone. So, come look into each of them and learn how to block my number on iPhone.
Method 1: Caller ID Blocking for All Calls(Hide Caller ID on iPhone)
For this, follow the instructions:
- In the first step, go to your Settings page. It’s a type of app that usually appears on the home screen.
- In the next step, scroll down to Phone and touch it. It’s about halfway down the menu.
- Go to “Show My Caller ID“.
- Now, the “Show My Caller ID” switch should be turned off. This stops individuals that you call from seeing your phone number on their screens.
- Finally, caller ID blocking is not permitted in some countries. If this switch is disabled, this change is most likely not permitted in your country.
That’s all! And, you can now easily block caller ID on iPhone.
Method 2: Per-Call Caller ID Blocking
For this, follow the under instructions:
- In the first step, Find the caller ID blocking code for your location. You’ll add this specific numerical code at the beginning of the phone number you’re calling. Following are some examples: *67 North America, Europe, Australia, Argentina, and South Africa are ranked #31 in the world.
- In the next step, search the web for “caller ID blocking code for [country]” to find the code for another country.
- Now, you will require to open the Phone app. For this, you will find a green icon being displayed towards the end of the home page appearing in a white phone receiver symbol.
- Then, the keypad is tapped. It’s the second-to-last icon on the screen’s bottom row.
- After that, follow the block code with the phone number. For example, if you’re calling (314) 222-3434 from the United States, dial *673142223434.
- Finally, press and hold the call button. At the bottom center of the keypad, there’s a green icon with a phone receiver. The call is placed while your phone number is hidden from the recipient.
That’s all! And, you can now easily block caller ID on iPhone.
Video Tutorial on How to Hide or Block Caller ID on iPhone
FAQs on How to Hide or Block Caller ID on iPhone
1. What happens if you disable the caller ID display?
Ans. For this, if you have saved the phone number of a person in your phone’s memory, then the contact name along with the phone number will be displayed on the caller ID.
And, as you have your caller ID your phone number will be shown as Private, No Caller ID, or something of a similar nature will be displayed on the screen.
2. Why can’t I block caller ID on iPhone?
Ans. Sometimes, it happens that the users are unable to find a way out of blocking their caller ID in the phone Settings of the device. So, if this happens you will require to contact the device carrier service for fixing the issue.
This is necessary as most of the device carriers allow you to block a specific caller ID through your app rather than using the phone settings of the device.
3. What is the best way to make my phone number unsearchable?
Ans. For this, you will require to use the code *67. This way is workable in all the gadgets whether you own a smartphone or any other device. So, to execute the method, you will be required to type the code *67 on your keypad, and thereby the number you are trying to reach.
By working out this method, you will be able to make your phone number either ‘Private’ or ‘Blocked’ for the other user.
4. Is it possible to block numbers with no caller ID on iPhone?
Ans. Under the name, write “No Caller ID” in the new contact’s profile. And, in the space provided for the phone number, you will be required to type “000-000-0000” in the blank space provided.
Now, in the next step, you will be required to save the contact and then click on the Done option. In the final step, you will be required to Block the caller on your contact ID section and click on Done.
5. When I Google my name, why does my address come up?
Ans. This is mainly because your accounts are set to public by default on most of these sites.
So, if anyone is up to look at what you have posted will be able to see it only when your account is set up to a Public account. This includes any photos, interests, locations, or remarks you’ve made.
6. How do I prevent someone from conducting a Google search on me?
Ans. A user profile can be blocked. For this, you will be required to follow the instructions:
- In the first step, you will be required to launch the Google Maps application.
- In the second step, go to the user profile you want to block and select it.
- Now, user profiles can be found here: That user’s name appears at the top of a post or review.
- If you’re following them, you’ll see them on your “Following” tab. If they’re following you, they’ll appear in your “Followers” tab.
- Finally, tap More next to the person’s name. The user is blocked.
- How to See Blocked Messages on iPhone?
- How to See Missed Calls from Blocked Number iPhone?
- How to Withhold Number on iPhone?
- Message Blocking is Active on iPhone
- How to Put Someone on Hold on iPhone?
- How to Unhide Apps on iPhone?
- How to Block Adult Websites on My iPhone?
Summing up with a note that with this article you will now be able to know how to hide or block caller ID on iPhone in the simplest manner. So, try it out and do share where you be able to block the caller ID on your iPhone.
Till then, try working out and experimenting with things!